Umberger....outie 5000 yeah!!

Philly29

Alright now that is a ting of beauty. 3mil in cap space freed up and ready to go. A great way to start prepping for the draft and the offseason. THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT MY DUDES!

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886255&navid=DL|PHI|home

Now with that being said truly I am like a kid getting excited for Christmas anymore when it gets close to Draft day. I love the NHL draft more and more every year. I used to follow the NFL draft religiously but now I can barely watch it anymore but when it comes to the NHL draft I am glued to the friggin screen. Yeah it sucks that June is getting close to being over when the draft arrives I want the late spring - early summer type weather and overall feel to stay forever but it is what it is.

I am really excited to see what Hexy does in this years draft I definitely think he is trading up to the top 10 not the top 5 but no doubt the top ten, at least maybe trade up 3 or 4 slots.

Well they have 6 free agents they need to sign. I don't expect Ganger and Medvedev to be brought back. 

So that leaves Gudas, Manning, Weal, Cousins, White and Schenn to be offered new deals. Of those only White is the only UFA and he should be signed to a 2 year 3 tops deal and minimal cost being a utility player.

So that is going to leave only Schenn to get a significant raise and lengthy deal. How much i say some where close to what Coots signed for.

The rest will get a modest raise. Then i would expect Hextall to only sign one froward more than likely a LW to a decent contract.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Then i would expect Hextall to only sign one froward more than likely a LW to a decent contract.

I'm curious who that might be - this is the UFA LW list: https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2017/caphit/all/leftwing/ufa

Not really all that impressive. I'm not a big Lucic fan and I don't think we want to sign Ladd for what he wants. After that, the market gets slim. THe most obvious is Boedekker - and he has yet to score 20 goals in this league. Not exactly the shooter they need on the top line.

I'd prefer Hexy didn't just go out and sign the "best LW available" to a long term deal just for the sake of signing a LW. I'd rather sign the right LW than the "best available" this season for a long term deal to fill a short term "need".

Even better with Hexy in charge, we won't likely see Scottie Upshall, Danius Zubrus or Ruslan Fedotenko getting retreaded. Oh, did I forget Tom Sestito? Wouldn't we all like to?

:hocky:

2 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm curious who that might be - this is the UFA LW list: https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2017/caphit/all/leftwing/ufa

Not really all that impressive. I'm not a big Lucic fan and I don't think we want to sign Ladd for what he wants. After that, the market gets slim. THe most obvious is Boedekker - and he has yet to score 20 goals in this league. Not exactly the shooter they need on the top line.

I'd prefer Hexy didn't just go out and sign the "best LW available" to a long term deal just for the sake of signing a LW. I'd rather sign the right LW than the "best available" this season for a long term deal to fill a short term "need".

Even better with Hexy in charge, we won't likely see Scottie Upshall, Danius Zubrus or Ruslan Fedotenko getting retreaded. Oh, did I forget Tom Sestito? Wouldn't we all like to?

:hocky:

fantasy camp!!

Archived