Am I the only one who likes the habs moves?

Moves:

So far this offseason Marc Bergevin has traded Lars eller for two 2nds and acquired Andrew shaw for two 2nds.

he then drafted Defenseman Mikhail Sergachev from the Windsor Spitfires.

Signed Andrew Shaw to a 6 year deal at 3.9per

The big one is trading PK Subban for Shea Weber straight up.

He Then went to free agency and Signed Alex Radulov for 5.75 on a one year deal.

signed Al Montoya,Terry,Samuelsson.

Resigned Carr and Danault.

My Thoughts:

Eller was a junk third line centre who never lived up to his full potential with Montreal so getting two seconds out of him is a 

miracle. Acquiring Shaw was a great move and when u play like Shaw it doesn't matter if ur playing with Toews and Kane or David Desharnais u will put up 30-40pts minimum every year which is worth 3.9 million although 6yrs is a bit much but nonetheless he can be effective up and down ur lineup and people seem to forget he's only 24 and has won two cups!

Mikhail Sergachev is an amazing defenseman who is effective in every zone and has a booming shot and big frame. Although the habs could have adressed a forward need in Brown or Jost it is still a strong pick as Sergachev will be a top 10 Dman in the league someday and also fills a need with Subban gone.

Although Pk is much better than weber and has better stats and all that ****. Weber is a veteran presence who is much more mature than pk and is 10x better defensiveyl. And from what I heard even though he was loved by fans Subban was a cancer in the locker room and Bergevin felt pressure from management and the players to move him plus this means that Bergevin knows that the habs are in a win now kind of mode.

Radulov is a gamble but with his skill he's worth 5.75 and if he doesn't work out he's gone next year so it's not that bad of a deal especially since he wanted 7.5 for for 2 years.

Al Montoya is a veteran goalie who will give Condon a challenge for the backup position and is a more reliable starter if Price goes down.

And Chris Terry and Phillip Samuellson are decent options if injuries occur so they will never be regulars.

So calm down everybody things aren't as bad as they seem!!!!!!!

Honestly I can't get past the trade of PK for Weber. To take on that albatross contract (Holmgren says hi) for a good player that has clearly lost a step, and give up a dynamic player like Subban just doesn't make sense to me

The contract favors Nashville, but in terms of what the player does for the team, I give the slight edge to Montreal. Weber is better defensively, and the difference is not as great as many make it out to be offensively. Plus, will Subban start complaining later in the season when he hears too much country music?? :eyeroll:

35 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The contract favors Nashville, but in terms of what the player does for the team, I give the slight edge to Montreal. Weber is better defensively, and the difference is not as great as many make it out to be offensively. Plus, will Subban start complaining later in the season when he hears too much country music?? :eyeroll:

Subban's "defensive issues" are largely over emphasized, much like Erik Karlsson. Sure he can make a mistake here or there, but who doesn't? Do the mistakes take away from them driving play for their team, or putting up points? Doesn't it help defensively if you're spending more time in the offensive zone?

Every time I hear the phrase "a cancer in the locker room", I want to puke.   These guys are pros making millions, not twelve year old girls.  Bergevin should have kicked Therrien's sorry butt out the door long ago.  Subban is better than Webber, and he's four years younger.  

It seems to me the problem is more so with the players who aren't professional enough to work with somebody they may not like all that much than it is with Subban himself.

Archived