Flyers re-sign Manning

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well i hope this means Mcdud will be waived or better yet some of his salary picked up and traded....

Don't disagree with this at all. I posted a Tweet in the shoutbox about the 2 year contract allowing him to be exposed in the expansion draft next year.  I also read he only needs 14 games to be eligible for exposure.  I'm wondering if the Flyers keep McDud this season for the same reason. Exposing him/Manning allows them to protect 2 others.  Not that anyone will pick up McDud--just that he would be an additional player on the exposed list.  

1 hour ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Pretty sure it's a one way deal. 

Feel free to correct if wrong....

I haven't looked, but I assume so. Was up all last year, and that was also a one way deal.

It's great that Hextall is setting up this team to be the best man on the team plays for the Flyers. This way the draft picks aren't forced on to the team.

If they outplay their team mates then they will get their chance to play for the Flyers, if they don't seem like they can outperform their team mates over the long haul, they get to try again at another time in the year.

I hope Provorov can show that he will help the team and not hurt his game at the same time, so that he plays this year. But it's a shame he can't sharpen his skills in the AHL this year first and be fast tracked to be counted on by his team in the AHL by mid season and play in all situations against men in the AHL first.

That would be the preferred growth track I would want him to be in. Yes he can play in the NHL, but a 12 year old can also get a job and bring home money to help his family buy milk, eggs and bread. But wouldn't the 12 year old be better off waiting till he's 15 and get a summer job, and save up for his car?

This signing helps the young prospects not have to worry about coming in and being saviors. Unfortunately the fans in Toronto just want fresh meat... "Send more cops!"

The 2nd year was so he can be used in the expansion draft more than likely.

I'd rather Manning play the 14 games than Mcdud.

I want Mcdud to become a permanent residence of Leigh or even traded and the Flyers pick of half his salary or something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 1:05 PM, murraycraven said:

Dear Baby Jesus, 

Please make sure the Flyers are able to remove Andrew "the McDud" from this hockey team.   For this I will show gratitude and patience.  Thanks, a Flyers fan....

Del Zotto was a positive puck possession player for the entire season up until the injury knocked him out of a February 13 game against the New Jersey Devils, and he did it despite seeing some of the toughest assignments of any Flyers defenseman — 33.6% of his shifts started in the defensive end of the ice, second-most on the team.

When he went out for the year following wrist surgery, the Flyers had to call up Andrew MacDonald from Lehigh Valley to replace him. In fairness to AMac, he was generally fine in his relief of MDZ, but the consensus is that he definitely dragged down the play of Ghost down the stretch of the regular season.

Here’s one illustration of that:

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-08%20at%2011.26.

2015-16 Flyers season review: What might have been if Michael Del Zotto stayed healthy?

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/8/8/12402474/2015-16-flyers-season-review-michael-del-zotto-report-card

null

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

he was generally fine in his relief of MDZ, but the consensus is that he definitely dragged down the play of Ghost down the stretch of the regular season.

AMac could drag down the likes of Lidtstrom!  

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

AMac could drag down the likes of Lidtstrom!  

goalbroadcast-1.gif

MacHitSchenn.gif

xgameshockey.gif?w=550&h=275

Check the defensive prowess on display....

5308759_orig.gif

I can't wait till his Flyer career comes to a close......

On 7/26/2016 at 10:37 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Well i hope this means Mcdud will be waived or better yet some of his salary picked up and traded....

On 7/27/2016 at 5:35 PM, OccamsRazor said:

The 2nd year was so he can be used in the expansion draft more than likely.

I'd rather Manning play the 14 games than Mcdud.

I want Mcdud to become a permanent residence of Leigh or even traded and the Flyers pick of half his salary or something.

How about we hopefully can just not have to deal with either one of them because frankly Manning is even worse and less interesting.  

Archived