HockeysFuture Prospect Ranking

flyercanuck

• hf101 pinned this topic

I know I'm biased as a Jets fan but how good do their top prospects look? Laine, Hellebuyck, Josh Morrissey, Kyle Connor, Brendan Lemieux... If they all continue to develop like they have been the Jets are going to be a serious contender in 3-5 years.

7 minutes ago, alfalk13 said:

I know I'm biased as a Jets fan but how good do their top prospects look? Laine, Hellebuyck, Josh Morrissey, Kyle Connor, Brendan Lemieux... If they all continue to develop like they have been the Jets are going to be a serious contender in 3-5 years.

You are allowed.They are all good prospects. :)  It is just kind of a bummer management can't make the right deal with Trouba.

Welcome!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, hf101 said:

It is just kind of a bummer management can't make the right deal with Trouba.

You're telling me! Although management does have their hands tied a bit with the other signings happening, and if a player doesn't want to stick around (for whatever the real reason may be) there's not much they can do about it.

I just hope we get some young talent back to replace him!

With or without Trouba, the Jets are going to have some tough decisions to make this season deciding which prospects are ready for the show and which still need another year or two to develop. What a great problem to have :) 

On 9/27/2016 at 7:52 AM, flyercanuck said:

http://www.nhlranker.com/prospects-teams.html

You can click on each team and get top 20 prospects and grades.

Pretty handy, when you click on the team, it's a great way to get up to date stats on all the prospects. No googling all a click away....very nice.  I know Rubstov is playing against men in the KHL, but 0 pts in 7 games?....I'm sure he's a great prospect, but I'm sure you will agree, let's put this silly Datsuyk stuff to rest.

Wow.....NYI goalie prospect Illa Sorokin....10 games played in the KHL this year for CSKA Moscow. Has not lost, allowed only 9 goals in 10 games and a stunning .954 save percentage. ....wow.

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Pretty handy, when you click on the team, it's a great way to get up to date stats on all the prospects. No googling all a click away....very nice.  I know Rubstov is playing against men in the KHL, but 0 pts in 7 games?....I'm sure he's a great prospect, but I'm sure you will agree, let's put this silly Datsuyk stuff to rest.

Rubstov has been getting very little playing time, some games a couple of minutes....I think around 10 in one game. Pretty hard to get into a game playing that amount. I think he's actually on IR right now, took a shot off his foot I believe. 

Datsyuk? Who said that?

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Rubstov has been getting very little playing time, some games a couple of minutes....I think around 10 in one game. Pretty hard to get into a game playing that amount. I think he's actually on IR right now, took a shot off his foot I believe. 

Datsyuk? Who said that?

I kinda figured that he was getting limited playing time in the KHL. They seem to have a code over there that youngsters have to earn their ice time.

Right after the draft some writer made the Datsyuk comparison, and some posters thought it was a good cross reference, I still think it's not smart to put that kind of tag on a kid. You can drive home the point he's talented and skilled and plays a full 200 foot game without comparing the kid to literally the most skilled player in the league (as voted by the actual NHL players).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Projected top pick Nolan Patrick injured to begin junior playoffs.  This time a lower body injury maybe not serious as he is listed DTD.  

Too injury prone to go #1 ?

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Projected top pick Nolan Patrick injured to begin junior playoffs.  This time a lower body injury maybe not serious as he is listed DTD.  

Might be. I'm told reliably that he's already had both shoulders repaired, plus a knee, plus a concussion, plus..

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

Best player in the draft. Glad I'm not picking 1st...that would be a difficult decision. He's had a tough season.

• hf101 unpinned this topic

Archived