Yinzer american football thread, All things Stillers

nossagog

Thought I'd create a thread to talk about the Steelers as we come down to the post season.    I'm going to admit it, I didn't think they'd come back in the game against the Ravens.  When the Ravens took the lead with 1:15 left, I looked at my son and said "Well that it.  No way they come back against Baltimore in the last minute.

I was wrong.  I'll head up to the 'burgh and say 10 Hail Franco's at the confluence. I'm sorry I gave up hope. Can't say I'll never lose faith again, but I'll try.

23 hours ago, nossagog said:

Thought I'd create a thread to talk about the Steelers as we come down to the post season.    I'm going to admit it, I didn't think they'd come back in the game against the Ravens.  When the Ravens took the lead with 1:15 left, I looked at my son and said "Well that it.  No way they come back against Baltimore in the last minute.

I was wrong.  I'll head up to the 'burgh and say 10 Hail Franco's at the confluence. I'm sorry I gave up hope. Can't say I'll never lose faith again, but I'll try.

After that score I turned to my brother and said, "Too much time. They left Ben with too much time."  I was thinking game-tying FG though. Not a W.  The Immaculate Extension. :-)

I like their playoff match-ups. Miami at home with a back-up QB. Then (if they win) at Oakland with a back-up QB.  Of course, one can't forget Tim Tebow in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game today against the 'fins.   Thought they should have taken out Bell and Ben a little earlier, but on to KC we go.    Thought also they could have blitzed a little more in the second half, but a win is a win there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well a thriller in KC  and off to meet the Patriots we go.   Some questionable play calling near the goal line probably cost the Stillers a TD or two, but a win is a win.  Going to be a lot tougher this Sunday,  six field goals will not work. 

it's not his running style...but pound the patriots with Levian Bell...keep the ball away from the anti-christ as much as possible.

Turn #48 loose from the edge all day long and run that mother ****** into retirement. 

This game always turns my attitude about the Stillers from that of benign ambivalence to rabid fan.

22 hours ago, nossagog said:

Well a thriller in KC  and off to meet the Patriots we go.   Some questionable play calling near the goal line probably cost the Stillers a TD or two, but a win is a win.  Going to be a lot tougher this Sunday,  six field goals will not work. 

They need to be able to get to Brady. Hit him hard and often. I wouldn't even have a problem with a few roughing the passer penalties if it knocks him off his game.

My biggest fear is that the odds of Belichik/Patricia coming up with a strategy to stop are a lot better than Tomlin/Butler stopping Brady. The Pats just dink and dunk us to death.

1 hour ago, B21 said:

They need to be able to get to Brady. Hit him hard and often. I wouldn't even have a problem with a few roughing the passer penalties if it knocks him off his game.

My biggest fear is that the odds of Belichik/Patricia coming up with a strategy to stop are a lot better than Tomlin/Butler stopping Brady. The Pats just dink and dunk us to death.

They dink and dunk everyone to death, especially now that Gronk is out.  They were beatable last week, if they had been playing anyone other than the Houston Texans, and the mighty gunslinger Brock Osweiler.

I agree with @mojo1917  Need to run the ball..alot...control the clock, keep the ball away from Brady.  

I want to see Pittsburgh make NE play from behind.  I think that's key to them winning.  Force Brady to chuck it 45 times, with those WR's, they'll be some picks.  

Archived