Ron Hainsey dealt to the Penguins

yave1964

Good solid boring pickup for the Penguins, Image result for ron hainseyRon Hainsey whom GM Jim Rutherford is quite familiar with from their days together in Carolina was shipped to the Pens for a second round pick and the immortal Danny Kristo.

If you are looking for offense look alsewhere, what Hainsey brings to the table is a veteran stay at home type who allows his partner to roam at will knowing that Hainsey has his back and a solid penalty killer.

an oddity, he has appeared in nearly 900 games but this will be his first trip to the postseason, his is the longest such streak of futility among any player in the game. Don't judge him from that tho, the guy can play he has just spent most of his career with some really lousy clubs in Columbus, Atlanta, Winnipeg and Carolina.

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Good solid boring pickup for the Penguins, Image result for ron hainseyRon Hainsey whom GM Jim Rutherford is quite familiar with from their days together in Carolina was shipped to the Pens for a second round pick and the immortal Danny Kristo.

If you are looking for offense look alsewhere, what Hainsey brings to the table is a veteran stay at home type who allows his partner to roam at will knowing that Hainsey has his back and a solid penalty killer.

an oddity, he has appeared in nearly 900 games but this will be his first trip to the postseason, his is the longest such streak of futility among any player in the game. Don't judge him from that tho, the guy can play he has just spent most of his career with some really lousy clubs in Columbus, Atlanta, Winnipeg and Carolina.

Good move. They had two 2nd round picks in the 2017 draft so that's not a huge loss. Not coincidentally, Trevor Daley had knee surgery today and will be out for 6 weeks. I wouldn't mind another similar move as they are still thin on the blue line with Mattaa and now Daley out until the playoffs.

My question is how long is he going to be here? He is 35! And an U.F.A. at the end of the season. I'm  not real crazy about giving up a draft choice even if it's a extra pick for a rental! (If he's next year then we will get some use of him.) Maybe the playoffs will keep him here next year!

1 minute ago, notfondajane said:

My question is how long is he going to be here? He is 35! And an U.F.A. at the end of the season. I'm  not real crazy about giving up a draft choice even if it's a extra pick for a rental! (If he's next year then we will get some use of him.) Maybe the playoffs will keep him here next year!

Look, your team needs to maximize this window of opportunity where Crosby, Malkin and Letang are all healthy and in their primes. Who cares about next year and his contract, skate another cup and no one will give a ****..

I think this is a good move, it will make the d-corps stronger when Dailey does come back ( in the playoffs) and keeps the Pens in the conversation for hosting as many playoff rounds as possible. Hainsey is a good player.

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Look, your team needs to maximize this window of opportunity where Crosby, Malkin and Letang are all healthy and in their primes. Who cares about next year and his contract, skate another cup and no one will give a ****..

I think this is a good move, it will make the d-corps stronger when Dailey does come back ( in the playoffs) and keeps the Pens in the conversation for hosting as many playoff rounds as possible. Hainsey is a good player.

I'm not questioninghis ability I'm sure he is or he wouldn't be around this long. I just like to keep a player around for a time if he was traded for! 

39 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

:DancingGrape:

18 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Nice move by Ronnie Francis! 

Pens need help at the blue line with a couple young defensiveman done! I'm hoping that he hangs around a year or so! 

Thanks for the information Yave64! Nice little write up.

Yep, it's a good move by Francis for sure with obtaining the late 2nd round pick. I'm assuming Kristo is just a roster space for the Checkers as his AHL career is much less decorated than his NCAA days.

39 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yep, it's a good move by Francis for sure with obtaining the late 2nd round pick. I'm assuming Kristo is just a roster space for the Checkers as his AHL career is much less decorated than his NCAA days.

Not sure if Kristo will be a career AHL'r or not, but he's moved 4 times in five years between AHL teams.  So people must believe that he has SOME value, but I don't think he's played an NHL game yet. 

Hainsy did not look out of place in his first Pens game.  A little over 21 minutes of ice time, and he moved the puck well.  The fact that he did not stand out is a good sign that he just simplified the game, and played solid positional hockey.

Archived