NHL Jerseys and General Concept Design Talk

Puck_Pun

3 minutes ago, Math said:

Coyotes' new alternates

Fail. A boring lame monochromatic jersey with nothing new, taking the already existing Kachina design along with a Baseball logo. Maybe Brodeur is behind this...

Agreed the Suns did a superior job with their 3rd kits in everyway.

The court design is great too.

• 5 months later...

Philly's new uniforms for the next season.

Not a big revolution. As previously stated, the orange shade is darker, which I like. I also like the black bottom stripe and the all-black neck contour. The orange sleeve stripe is also thicker and make the numbers fully integrated into it. However, the single-color sleeve numbers is a fail, especially the black numbers on the home jersey. The skyblue ad on the top-left is an awful disgrace but with the NHL allowing it now, I think it's not the Flyers' fault...

philadelphia-flyers-new-uniforms-compare

• Like 1

NHL to end cause based jerseys next season

I've always been lukewarm on the whole thing, especially since they tend to be worn during warm-ups instead of the game, which gives me a "who cares?" kind of response. It feels overly performative rather than having a point.

Something vaguely related, the only one off jersey I've ever bought was several years ago, when my city's team had a Canada Day game where they wore special jerseys for the game. I bought one in an online auction and it felt good as it helped support a team that always needs more cash flow. I doubt I'll ever do the same for a very wealthy NHL side.

3 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

NHL to end cause based jerseys next season

I've always been lukewarm on the whole thing, especially since they tend to be worn during warm-ups instead of the game, which gives me a "who cares?" kind of response. It feels overly performative rather than having a point.

Something vaguely related, the only one off jersey I've ever bought was several years ago, when my city's team had a Canada Day game where they wore special jerseys for the game. I bought one in an online auction and it felt good as it helped support a team that always needs more cash flow. I doubt I'll ever do the same for a very wealthy NHL side.

The league doesn't want the attention about who won't wear them etc so they just rather remove issue all together...

• 5 months later...

New York Rangers new alternates:

img_9526.jpg

Overall grade: C-

Meh, I don't really like them. While it's a good thing to bring the logo as the main crest, it gives a clunky look as it is too large IMO. Navy blue jerseys are lame (glad that the Sabres and Oilers came back to their original royal blue color -- St-Louis, you're next). Not a fan either with the stripes' different shades of blue and thickness which makes too much of a mess on the sleeves. They also should've kept the original bottom-left shadowing on numbers and names. The previous alternates (Retro-reversed and the famous Liberty Statue logo were much better. Maybe I'm too much of a conservative type of guy, but as an O6 team they should have kept with some the features that make the Rangers' look and identity unique.

@Math

I agree about the size of the logo...gives the opposing shooters too big of a target.

Overall though, I like these.

I don't mind the navy blue. What's the point of having an alternate if it's not going to be, you know different?

The sleeve stripes are giving me "sweater" like grandma knitted that bad boy and jo-ann fabrics had a sale on America yarn.

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't mind the navy blue. What's the point of having an alternate if it's not going to be, you know different?

Of course, it's personal taste but the Islanders, Oilers and Capitals already went with navy for their thirds, and it's also the Jets, Jackets and Kraken main color. I find it a bit boring. I would've gone with Red as the main jersey color with royal blue numbers and white trim, with the same logo (or the old one) but a bit smaller and maybe the Liberty Statue as shoulder patches. Sounds more like a third RR one but I would've tend to that option.

35 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The sleeve stripes are giving me "sweater" like grandma knitted that bad boy and jo-ann fabrics had a sale on America yarn.

LOL. I wasn't able to describe it but you nailed it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...