Off to a Flying Start!

WordsOfWisdom

8 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Spilled my drink laughing...  ;)

Was it boarding? Sure. Did the refs miss the call? Sure. But as a Leafs fan, I've seen a number of times where it went the other way. It all evens out in the end.  :)

Oh it evens out then, so you're saying the Leafs have an injury coming to a key players on a cheap shot too to keep him out the lineup for awhile too then?

Ok then all os well.

No biggie.

Cheers!

:cheers:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh it evens out then, so you're saying the Leafs have an injury coming to a key players on a cheap shot too to keep him out the lineup for awhile too then?

Ok then all os well.

No biggie.

Cheers!

:cheers:

Did Komarov get suspended or anything?  The league doesn't usually miss what the refs miss.  :IDunnoSmiley:

Injuries are part of the game. I'm sure Matthews, Nylander, Kadri, and Marner have bullseyes painted on them. Kadri was already a target last season. 

When do the Leafs play the Flyers again btw?   :cheers:

10 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Did Komarov get suspended or anything? 

No nothing.

10 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The league doesn't usually miss what the refs miss

Exactly. They had a a chance. They always have a chance to fix what was missed they have done it before.

Especially when it comes to hurting and putting players out for awhile.

But no. Nothing.

Just shocked.

No actually not really.

Come to expect.

I think they meet again in December.

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No nothing.

:IDunnoSmiley:

Exactly. They had a a chance. They always have a chance to fix what was missed they have done it before.

Especially when it comes to hurting and putting players out for awhile.

But no. Nothing.

Maybe the league wants to bring back hitting?  :IDunnoSmiley:

Just shocked.

No actually not really.

Come to expect.

Inconsistency is just part of pro sports, although it's strange that nothing happened after looking at the video review. The league presumably reviews all of these plays after the game is over. Somehow they didn't think it warranted a suspension. I have no idea how they make their decisions.

Tonight Kadri boarded someone on St. Louis and got an interference penalty.  

I think they meet again in December.

Should be an entertaining game. Would you say a line brawl is in order?  :hocky:

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure i'm more pissed someone didn't beat his ass that night it happened.....just saying.

It's Komarov. He's such a likeable guy. Let's forgive and forget shall we? :lovethis:

I'll go out on a limb (lol) and guess that the line brawl breaks out on the opening faceoff at the next game between the Leafs and Flyers.

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

It's Komarov. He's such a likeable guy. Let's forgive and forget shall we? :lovethis:

I'll go out on a limb (lol) and guess that the line brawl breaks out on the opening faceoff at the next game between the Leafs and Flyers.

This just in...the Flyers will sign Donald Brashear and the Leafs ink Tie Domi to one day contracts.

OK, we're into a different type of situation for Babs since he's been coaching TO. He did well with Detroit for years with a number of superstars as he should have done so now we'll see if his reputation is truly deserved. He'll have a tough time with TO because of the types of players that's here. Expectations are sky high, can he deliver?

IMHO, you can't compare those Cup teams in Detroit to this Leafs team. It's not even close. Those Detroit teams were much, much better.

The only advantage I would give Toronto is possibly Matthews. That leaves us with the rest of the team to upgrade??

We have a loooong way to go yet. 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:32 AM, BluPuk said:

True hobie. We Leafs fans have to try to remember that we are still in a re-build and this is NOT, NEVER, NO HOW, NO WAY a Stanley Cup year!  We are doing just fine ... :ok:

Exactly. I see it as a "growing pains" year where the team is edged out of a playoff spot by the likes of the Lightning, Flyers, or someone else who was out last season.

The injury bug is already starting to bite this team as I predicted. I think it's a step back year before taking a big leap forward again next year. :)

Archived