Mock draft on NHL Network

Jam1986

42 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I wonder how accurate those mock drafts typically are at predicting actual picks outside the top five or so. I usually don't pay them any mind unless we've got a pick near the top...

Not very good at all. Purely for entertainment purposes only. 

the lottery can change a lot. Predicting the top 3 taken is doable i think. Team needs can change things.

22 hours ago, Jam1986 said:

The guys they picked for Flyers. How good can they be? Names are McLeod Smith Lundestrom and Samuelsson. 2 are d men.

Considering these mocks really have no idea where teams are going to finish OR where final prospects rating will be OR where they'll actually be drafted, when the season is only half over...

They're something to look at if you're bored...and it helps get people familiarized with some of the top prospects...but you really can't take them too seriously at this point of the year.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:33 AM, Jam1986 said:

The guys they picked for Flyers. How good can they be? Names are McLeod Smith Lundestrom and Samuelsson. 2 are d men.

Lundestrom and McLeod can both play the wing as well. And you never draft for need. You always draft best player available, even if you're loaded at the position. You can then flip something or you can always move down to get what you need. I'd have no problems if the Flyers ended up with two of Lundestrom, Samuelsson, Smith or McLeod (although, I hope they end up drafting Barret Hayton and Serron Noel).

21 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Lundestrom and McLeod can both play the wing as well. And you never draft for need. You always draft best player available, even if you're loaded at the position. You can then flip something or you can always move down to get what you need. I'd have no problems if the Flyers ended up with two of Lundestrom, Samuelsson, Smith or McLeod (although, I hope they end up drafting Barret Hayton and Serron Noel).

I'd be pretty happy with both of them.(and Riley Sutter in the 2nd)

20 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

I guess they needed time to fill. What's the point of doing a mock draft with so much time left in the season? 

I don't think it's too bad of a thing. It kind of gives an idea of how players are rated and who you can expect to be available. Of course, there will always be risers and fallers, but it's a good idea.

Archived