Game 61: Blue Jackets at Flyers, 2/22 @ 7

Howie58

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Honestly, first time I forgot to tap the stick (to warn teammates the power play was about to expire),” Mrazek said. “I was looking at the board for where the time is. I couldn’t find it and then I saw Panarin come in 2-on-1 and scored on me.”

“I thought he was outstanding,” coach Dave Hakstol said. “Not a lot of work in the first period, but a couple opportunities, a little bit of traffic around him. I thought when they had their pushes, probably a good half dozen excellent saves at real key times for us. Pretty good night for him.”

“There’s obviously a couple things for systems when you go to a new team, but at the end of the day you just gotta stop the puck,” said Claude Giroux, who scored his 21st goal of the season to tie the game. “He did a pretty good job of that.”

“Take the empty net away, I thought tonight we turned down too many shooting opportunities,” he said. “I don’t think that’s a characteristic (of the season). I felt like especially when we got to the end of 40 minutes there were some good shooting attempts that we looked pass-first. Hey, when the play is there I want our guys to be confident and make plays and look for those. We’ve got guys that see the ice very well. There’s an element of this game of hard, direct plays to the net that don’t only help you score, but help you build momentum.

This team is playing with so much confidence and swagger!

They’ve been playing at this level for almost half the season now. 23-8-3 since the 10 game losing streak. That’s a .721 winning percentage. 

There is some seriously high level talent on this team, and it’s so fun to watch. If Mrazek can play at the high level he did a few years ago, this team could do some real damage. He reminds me of the goalie version of Ghost - super athletic, fast, aggressive. High risk sometimes but high reward too.

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

If Mrazek can play at the high level he did a few years ago, this team could do some real damage.

Yes he was outstanding at erasing mistakes the only one that got by him was Panarin goal. I can live with it.

The one team that scares me is the Preds....man they are playing like they are on a mission.

But not to worry too much because to face them they would have to be in the finals and then i would have to have more confidence in the Flyers by then.

Preds are a meat grinder....Rinne is playing out his mind. Picked up his 300th win last night.

Go Flyers!

57 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Only the damn Flyers would pass on a empty net. This shiit has to stop

Agree .....where does this pass mentality stream from ??  Hell if I am a player and I have an empty net chance...I'm shooting the damm puck!

With that aside...it is fun watching this team.  The skill set some of these kids have is tremendous.  Lindblom is going to be such a tremendous player on this team.  What a find by Hexy.  TK brings the spark plug to this offense. (yes I know he missed last nights game)  And...if Mr. Mrazek plays the way he did last night....I agree...come playoff time, the Flyers may not be a team you want to face in the opening round.

Do I dare say we are finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel?

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Do I dare say we are finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel?

Yes and now with Oskar in the lineup and Elliott and Neuvy out the Flyers ice the youngest lineup in the NHL. Impressive!

Archived