We control our own density!!!

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So bigest question now who do you leave the season's fate in the hands of??

Bill Elliott in the Coors car?

Or Leaky Pete with the half full bottle of Stolie's??

Notice i was being positive i said half full...

...not half empty! :VeryCool:

It only LOOKS half full he refilled it with water to make it APPEAR half full...Lol

1 hour ago, Pucked in the head said:

Lyon IMO! You know he'll at least give it his all cause he's got something to prove whereas Leaky Pete is in a drunken dream thinking because hacktard keeps playing him we must like him and are going to re-sign him !!! Imagine that

Yeah Ron brought Elliott here to be the bell cow, i go with him hoping he knows he has to be better and maybe that was some rust being knocked off.

And i don't want Mrazek ever between the pipes again.

He is just Bryz without the humongous big sense of humor!

PASS! (no i'm not talking to you Filppula)

On 4/4/2018 at 3:44 PM, B21 said:

If Mrazek is starting - maybe. Lyon? Elliott? (Gasp) Neuvirth? Nope. No part. I don't care about 4-0 this year. I don't care about the dumpster fire netminding you guys have. Don't even care about Hakstol (aka - John Stevens "lite").  The site of that O&B sweater does something to my boys in the playoffs.

You were saying???

8 minutes ago, B21 said:

1 game, man! 1 game. Win tomorrow and it is a COMPLETELY different series. 

If it was a back and forth game won at the last second by you guys I would say OK but it was a comprehensive defeat in every aspect of the game with virtually 0 positives for the Flyers, continuing the trend from the Regular season.  I don't see much of a fightback coming from the Flyers honestly.

2 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

If it was a back and forth game won at the last second by you guys I would say OK but it was a comprehensive defeat in every aspect of the game with virtually 0 positives for the Flyers, continuing the trend from the Regular season.  I don't see much of a fightback coming from the Flyers honestly.

Look at the bright side (and I don't mean this as a jab). The Flyers can't play any worse. I'll stop short of saying the Pens can't play any better because that was a pretty complete game on their part. Players need to have short memories in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, B21 said:

The Flyers can't play any worse.   

True but even if they play better they set such a low bar in game 1 that it is not saying much and it likely wont be enough to beat the Pens.  We will be lucky if we give you guys a fight.  It feels very much to me like the Flyers vs the Sabres in 2006 when we got blown out regularly in that series and were embarrassed on every possible level.

We'll see but i'm not holding out much hope nor and I looking forward to attending the games on Sunday and Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

I know you were at two clunker games.

they played two others that went to OT, that weren't clunkers.

The Pens played out of their minds last night, that was a true "taken behind the woodshed beating".

a whole TD with PAT...that's a whoopin' 

I can't believe the Pens will shoot 50% all series.

This particular Flyers team has proven to be resilient this year, so if 20 guys take their sticks for skates on Friday, your take may resonate more with me. 

Elliot was horrible, the forwards played stupidly.

I am interested in seeing how these young guys respond myself. I think TK will be better, I think Patrick and Lindblom now understand what's expected, I think both those guys have the ability to reach a higher level.  I think that game was a learning experience. 

My sports hatred of the Pens burns hot but it isn't blind, there were opportunities last night. This isn't a juggernaut Pens team, they can be had. Maybe not by this particular Flyers team but they aren't as good as last year or the year prior. 

28 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

True but even if they play better they set such a low bar in game 1 that it is not saying much and it likely wont be enough to beat the Pens.  We will be lucky if we give you guys a fight.  It feels very much to me like the Flyers vs the Sabres in 2006 when we got blown out regularly in that series and were embarrassed on every possible level.

We'll see but i'm not holding out much hope nor and I looking forward to attending the games on Sunday and Wednesday.

Well I don't think a the need to play "a little better" to have a shot. They need a complete 180 from Game 1 or this thing might be over in 3 games.

The wave of momentum that hit the Flyers after that first Pens score was just TOO MUCH to overcome.  You have the defending Stanley Cup Champions in their home going against a team they swept this season.  Whip up the crowd, whip up home team...just too much.

First goal on Friday is HUGE!!! 

Hey he is right they really can't play any worse and there were several Flyers making their NHL playoff debut.

Ivan, Patty, Lindy and Sanheim so some nerves had to be involved...yeah it hasn't got much to do with the shoddy goaltending they got.

However i think being down quick 3-0 just made them panic even more knowing they couldn't make any mistakes because they would end up in the back of the net.....which is exactly what happened.

But not making excuses but i know of 3 of the damn goals were just lucky bounces that went the Pens way....just like it didn't go the Flyers way in November and then come late December and January they started getting them bounces.

Maybe just maybe their luck turns some next game. No matter what whoever gets the nod in net must give this team a chance.

Elliott can't let in the routine weak goals he gave up (see the 1st goal) if they are to have a chance.

Archived