Flyers recall goalie Dustin Tokarski

Samifan

58 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Odd choice for an insurance policy given the fact Lyon was up most of the season. Could Elliott have reinjured himself? 

Every year 🎪

I truly believe this is just as they claim.  In the case of crazy emergency.  IF they really needed a backup or a starter, they wouldn't call the guy that hasn't played with the team at all.  They'd call Lyon.  However Lyon gives the Phantoms a better shot at winning and the AHL playoffs gives Lyon a better shot at experience.  So they leave him in lehigh and call Tokarski who is a bit superfluous at this point if Stolarz is close to ready to play again.  

This is probably legitimately as the claim.

4 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

?????? Any idea why???? Has he been standing on his head in Lv or something???? Curious why not Lyon ? ( We know why not mrazek.....) But Tokarski? Now?   Did hacktard drink out of mrazek's water bottle again???? Stoopified!!!!

They want Lyon actually playing in Lehigh.  It's not a big deal.  Just means Tokarski is the more expendable of the two.  Also probably means Stolarz is close.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So are you thinking that Tokarski is legitimately the Flyers only completely healthy keeper and that's why he's there... 

...or is the fact that Stolarz and Lyon are expected to be healthy in support of my theory...

...or both?

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

So are you thinking that Tokarski is legitimately the Flyers only completely healthy keeper and that's why he's there... 

...or is the fact that Stolarz and Lyon are expected to be healthy in support of my theory...

...or both?

No Elliott declined the optional skate this morning i imagine to rest and prepare for tonight.

Neuvy and Leaky Pete practiced this morning.

I guess it is just an extra body for practice in net?? 

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No Elliott declined the optional skate this morning i imagine to rest and prepare for tonight.

Neuvy and Leaky Pete practiced this morning.

I guess it is just an extra body for practice in net?? 

Long story short, if Elliott can't go they might as well call Carter Hart for the emergency fill in because he's got as good a chance as the other five goalies they could play at this point.   If Stolarz had been healthy this year I think he'd have been a capable but not earth shattering fill in.  As things are... whew boy... all are eggs are in that Elliott basket and it's causing me some serious agita.  

This series will help define the O and B's weaknesses.  Goal is at or near the forefront.   I agree with some pundits that Elliott should not start game two based on Wednesday's performance.  

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

This series will help define the O and B's weaknesses.  Goal is at or near the forefront.   I agree with some pundits that Elliott should not start game two based on Wednesday's performance.  

And if he is hurt or not 100% then that is on Elliott and the coach for not putting the team first.

Archived