Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Not a fan

Speaking of my if i am Ron i am picking up the phone and seeing if i can get this guy to tandem with Elliott....i think his two year deal could segway into Carter Hart...who knows maybe you could trade Elliott at the deadline even....Flyers need better quality in net and for two years and with 21.7mill to spend WTF not???

Hell see if they would take Neuvy back in the deal with something else...send them his family man Gudas even...

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of my if i am Ron i am picking up the phone and seeing if i can get this guy to tandem with Elliott....i think his two year deal could segway into Carter Hart...who knows maybe you could trade Elliott at the deadline even....Flyers need better quality in net and for two years and with 21.7mill to spend WTF not???

Hell see if they would take Neuvy back in the deal with something else...send them his family man Gudas even...

The term works. The money is high but for only two years it doesn't bother anything

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The term works. The money is high but for only two years it doesn't bother anything

Sure i agree but you would have your guy next year after you move Elliott or let him walk...i know Anderson is older i get it but he is the better goalie...man if he can come close to his 2016-17 numbers that would be a huge improvement.

He was 40gp 25-11-4  2.28gaa 926% i would be giddy with that. 

I slight bump up in his games played give Elliott 25-30 games.

Edit had to fix the confusing numbers....

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure i agree but you would have your guy next year after you move Elliott or let him walk...i know Anderson is older i get it but he is the better goalie...man if he can come close to his 2016-17 numbers that would be a huge improvement.

He was 40gp 25-11-4  2.28gaa 926% i would be giddy with that. 

I slight bump up in his games played give Elliott 25-30 games.

Edit had to fix the confusing numbers....

No I'm with you. I'm okay with it, depending on what Ottawa is asking. That would be my hesitation. 

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

No I'm with you. I'm okay with it, depending on what Ottawa is asking. That would be my hesitation. 

It's either that or Robin Lehner backing up Elliott.... :hehe:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

So would you take Anderson with two years left at 4.75 mil per with hopes of him pushing Elliott to the backup spot???

Two years i think is the perfect time till Hart might be ready??

Thoughts am i crazy (nevermind we know) that is that a good move??

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So would you take Anderson with two years left at 4.75 mil per with hopes of him pushing Elliott to the backup spot???

Interesting question, but isn't Anderson extremely streaky?  Sure one minute he will go 4-0 with a 1.3 GAA and 0.945 SV%  and then just like that he will go the next 3 games giving up on average at least 4-5 goals. 

I don't know the answer to this this question....just an observation .......

EDIT:   Anderson >>> Neuvy / Mrazek

I have some worries about Anderson. He's 37 (he's not old!). He was terrible last year, but the team in front of him was abysmal, so who knows if that was him or not. That's an over 35 contract, so you're stuck with the full value if you decide you have a better option and can't move him. 

His contract is the right length, and you could probably send Neuvirth back the other way, so you'd only add a bit to the cap. Next year you hope Hart can come up to back up, and move to the starter role at least by the expiration of his contract.

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I have some worries about Anderson. He's 37 (he's not old!).

Holy crap ...time flies.  I did not realize he was that old.  I remember him being in the AHL down in Norfolk where I got to know him pretty good.

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Anderson >>> Neuvy / Mrazek

Yes my thinking as well....sure it's risky...and his $$$$$ is kind of high but is he riskier than what they have???

I'm hoping he can steal the starter job from Elliott.

Say give Anderson 50 starts and Elliott the other 32 sounds pretty decent to me.

As i said somewhere you could just trade Neuvy at the draft for a 7th rounder....then sign Lehner to backup Elliott...he is only 26...

...and maybe unstable....Flyers have never had an unstable goalie before....

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Didn't he backup Halak in St. Louie??

And Allen in 2015-16??

Yes he did...... And didn't he go to Calgary because he wanted to be a starter? 

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yes he did...... And didn't he go to Calgary because he wanted to be a starter? 

Yes and that did not go well...so bad they hit the reset button with 500 year old Mike Smith instead of bringing him back.

And Ron poop scoops him up........

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I was referring to....

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted it....it was the 1st song to pop into my head when I saw that clip ,,, LOL

Without knowing what's going back the other way, what the hell would the Flyers do with O'Reilly?   Are we swinging Patrick to wing or dropping him to 3C?

Giroux -  Couturier -- Konecny

Patrick -- O'Reilly -- Voracek

Lindblom -- 3C -- Simmonds

Laughton -- Vecchione --- Raffl/Weal

or

Giroux -- Couturier -- Konecny

Lindblom -- O'Reilly -- Voracek

Raffl/Weal -- Patrick -- Simmonds

Laughton -- Vecchione -- Raffl/Weal/Leier

I'm not excited, but I like some of either but both still need work.   And this is without knowing what's going back.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Without knowing what's going back the other way, what the hell would the Flyers do with O'Reilly?   Are we swinging Patrick to wing or dropping him to 3C?

Giroux -  Couturier -- Konecny

Patrick -- O'Reilly -- Voracek

Lindblom -- 3C -- Simmonds

Laughton -- Vecchione --- Raffl/Weal

or

Giroux -- Couturier -- Konecny

Lindblom -- O'Reilly -- Voracek

Raffl/Weal -- Patrick -- Simmonds

Laughton -- Vecchione -- Raffl/Weal/Leier

I'm not excited, but I like some of either but both still need work.   And this is without knowing what's going back.

You would use O'Reilly as the center for a third scoring line. Let him take the heavy lifting when there's a second tough defensive assignment (like w/Pens). 

Just now, AJgoal said:

You would use O'Reilly as the center for a third scoring line. Let him take the heavy lifting when there's a second tough defensive assignment (like w/Pens). 

Yeah, I keep thinking in terms of lines 1,2,3 despite wise posts here correctly explaining why not to. 

Archived