Wild Message Board Memories...

On 11/25/2018 at 11:15 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

No one is mentioning Jackbag?  Or the other mega disrupters...like EMIREiD.  It seemed like just about ever few months there had to be a major message board pissing match.  The plethora of people just sitting back and watching it all unfold...

Jackbag was fargo, he fessed up to it couple years ago.

KeithTheGreat, EvilEmpire, CJayWild, mplspug, lavalampluva, CehNehDuh, slapshot-MW8, Phil_McKrevice, 1Green, Tcrose3636, DirtySpeed, MonkeyPox (can't remember his name before that one)...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

KeithTheGreat, EvilEmpire, CJayWild, mplspug, lavalampluva, CehNehDuh, slapshot-MW8, Phil_McKrevice, 1Green, Tcrose3636, DirtySpeed, MonkeyPox (can't remember his name before that one)...

Uh, nope.  It was FairboGopherGuy.

Just now, CreaseAndAssist said:

Uh, nope.  It was FairboGopherGuy.

EvilEmpire is still himself, met him a few times with the Club 216 group, he's still in the Wild Message Board fantasy league that HawgWild still runs.  Pug is his own guy, even tweets once in a while.  CJay I think is here under a different name.  

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm just going to put this here since this seems like a thread with a lot of Wild fans:

If the Flyers hire Chuck Fricken Fletcher as their new GM, I'll never forgive any of you!  :P:searching::blowingakiss:

Varlamov to an 8-year deal if he does!  :lol:

27 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Since Mr. McGoo was a constant punching bag in the old boards - I thought I'd forward this news...

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/mcgeough-death-nhl-referee-1.4919511

Yea, I heard they took him off of the machine this weekend.  It is sad, but damn...if anyone thinks we complain about the Brad's and Dan's, it pales in comparison to our rants about Mick McGeough back in the day.  #RIP  

17 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

You are such a POS.  Let's meet up at Tom Reid's so I can tell you what a POS you are face to face.  Damn, I hate liars.  Even more than thieves.

5 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Since Mr. McGoo was a constant punching bag in the old boards - I thought I'd forward this news...

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/mcgeough-death-nhl-referee-1.4919511

You could go to other boards and read the same comments.  I'm sure he was a really, really great guy.  But as an NHL Ref he was incompetent.  It was a great day for the league when they took him off the ice and booted him upstairs.  My #1 example of why I think the whole fable about the NHL truthfully evaluating Refs is garbage.

19 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

It is especially foolish to lie about something so many of the older message boarders clearly know isn't true.  You do realize most of us older message boarders have met each other; face to face...many times.  

1 hour ago, Fargocase said:

You could go to other boards and read the same comments.  I'm sure he was a really, really great guy.  But as an NHL Ref he was incompetent.  It was a great day for the league when they took him off the ice and booted him upstairs.  My #1 example of why I think the whole fable about the NHL truthfully evaluating Refs is garbage.

I have to agree here...he was a terrible ref.  Tim Peel bad...

2 hours ago, Fargocase said:

You are such a POS.  Let's meet up at Tom Reid's so I can tell you what a POS you are face to face.  Damn, I hate liars.  Even more than thieves.

Lie? I read what I read. I've said this before and not once did anyone say otherwise.

An error on my part - I digress and am sorry for the error.

To meet you in person, is that a threat? I hope so because it fits your demeanor.

By the way, you don't scare me in the least.

26 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

To meet you in person, is that a threat? I hope so because it fits your demeanor.

Of course not!   It's silly to threaten people on an internet message board.   Just thinking that maybe if we met over a beer or whatever we could clear the air, settle our differences, hug and make up! 

After all, we're both Wild fans...  Aren't we? 

BTW FTR - I have never, ever hid behind a bogus username.

20 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

It is especially foolish to lie about something so many of the older message boarders clearly know isn't true.  You do realize most of us older message boarders have met each other; face to face...many times.  

hahaha........

Ironically, I think I met up with Rotten Once?

whatev

On 11/28/2018 at 10:02 AM, PtoJoneser said:

Me and A_E just hung out with him at Lary's before and after last Fridays Game. he is still himself, that much is true ! :)

He is still a pretty dangerous fantasy hockey guy too.  If only my guys can stay healthy so I can reclaim that title.  

16 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Met both of them on more than one occasion.  Anyone know if StevenAndFlipper is still doing usher work at the X?  

we actually looked for him on Friday - Didnt see him, but our ladies who used to have seats in front of us, were still there (one of them anyway, with grandson sober driver)

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Fargocase said:

Of course not!   It's silly to threaten people on an internet message board.   Just thinking that maybe if we met over a beer or whatever we could clear the air, settle our differences, hug and make up! 

After all, we're both Wild fans...  Aren't we? 

BTW FTR - I have never, ever hid behind a bogus username.

Green, remember.

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Met both of them on more than one occasion.  Anyone know if StevenAndFlipper is still doing usher work at the X?  

When I met him a few years ago (2015 season I think) he mentioned not ushering again (the following season or some time down the road) unless he could find a viable parking alternative. Apparently they lost out on receiving parking passes. Something like that and having to pay for parking was kind of a bad deal all the way around.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:03 PM, rottenrefs said:

When I met him a few years ago (2015 season I think) he mentioned not ushering again (the following season or some time down the road) unless he could find a viable parking alternative. Apparently they lost out on receiving parking passes. Something like that and having to pay for parking was kind of a bad deal all the way around.

I agree, that's ridiculous...

Archived