Carlson

CapsLads

4 minutes ago, CapsLads said:

How badly do you think the team will be affected if Carlson is possibly traded to Toronto

:welcome:

Congrats on your Stanley Cup!

I think the Capitals have every intention of signing Carlson, and they will get it done.  If not they are in a defensive rebuild.  

Well all Cap fans can be assured that Carlson is NOT going anywhere.....

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23897878/washington-capitals-defenseman-john-carlson-agree-new-contract

The Washington Capitals and John Carlson agreed to a new eight-year, $64 million contract, the team announced Sunday.

Trading Grubauer and Orpik helped free up the cap space for the Capitals to bring back Carlson, who was seen as the best defenseman available on the free agent market this summer.

25 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

8 years 8 million Really not terrible at his age 

no, he's a really good player. Defensemen like him don't grow on trees.  I think that was a good signing.  They were wise to keep him around.

28 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

no, he's a really good player. Defensemen like him don't grow on trees.  I think that was a good signing.  They were wise to keep him around.

Yeah, I think it's nearly impossible to disagree with that.   He may slow down toward the end of that, but given the way he plays I don't think it's going to be a situation where the Caps fans who remain after Ovechkin retires are wishing, "God, I wish these last three years would hurry up."

He will be well-worth it for the first 5 years and not bad enough on the last 3 to be a problem.

Archived