Wild vs. Hurricanes 10/13/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Penalties, Poor Play Haunt Wild in 5-4 OT Loss to Carolina

We didn't even deserve the loser point.  The Wild didn't show up to play and some guys never really showed up at all.  Nino is a complete travesty.  All he does is turn it over.  Dubnyk did his best to keep the team in it, but the Wild did what they could to throw it away.  Kozari is a dink, but at some point you have to adjust.  But they didn't.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and prospect news too...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, EmptyShelf said:

I knew it.  11, 9, and 20 on the ice.  Game over.  How many times do we have to endure this $hit!  They have cost us multiple games in OT together for years.  Split them up or don’t play them at ALL!

Funny part was I was watching the game with some friends and the one buddy has a wife who never watches hockey and said something along the lines about those guys out there, 9/11/20, looked like guys that don't play much. Explained to her that those were our big paid "super stars" that "would change the franchise" players. She laughed, then we laughed. She also said she felt bad for the "guy in the net" as he appears to be doing everything to win the game well all put maybe 2 or 3 guys seem to looking forward to a vacation.

But it's a problem when somebody who doesn't watch the sport can see the issues with the team that the organization can't seem to find or hopes that by ignoring the issue it will get better. I will lay out there that this franchise might be in the worst position it's ever been in. We have nothing as far as draft talent or development. Our team is now the oldest team which shows this was a team bought to win a cup instead of developing one into a cup winner. We got some anchors for contracts on this team that really has limit what can be done. At least one anchor comes off this season but we still have two more for another 5 or 6 years. Players they were banking on being something big, aka Nino and Coyle, have turned up as roadkill. I don't see a lot bright future with this team unless they got really lucky with a trade and/or draft pick. This is a lot of need in both getting correct players and shedding off the anchors. We will see what happens but I don't expect any more then this team to fail to make the playoffs from here tell Parise and Suter are gone and the full rebuild can start. Remember that is still 5 to 6 years away.

2 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Funny part was I was watching the game with some friends and the one buddy has a wife who never watches hockey and said something along the lines about those guys out there, 9/11/20, looked like guys that don't play much. Explained to her that those were our big paid "super stars" that "would change the franchise" players. She laughed, then we laughed. She also said she felt bad for the "guy in the net" as he appears to be doing everything to win the game well all put maybe 2 or 3 guys seem to looking forward to a vacation.

But it's a problem when somebody who doesn't watch the sport can see the issues with the team that the organization can't seem to find or hopes that by ignoring the issue it will get better. I will lay out there that this franchise might be in the worst position it's ever been in. We have nothing as far as draft talent or development. Our team is now the oldest team which shows this was a team bought to win a cup instead of developing one into a cup winner. We got some anchors for contracts on this team that really has limit what can be done. At least one anchor comes off this season but we still have two more for another 5 or 6 years. Players they were banking on being something big, aka Nino and Coyle, have turned up as roadkill. I don't see a lot bright future with this team unless they got really lucky with a trade and/or draft pick. This is a lot of need in both getting correct players and shedding off the anchors. We will see what happens but I don't expect any more then this team to fail to make the playoffs from here tell Parise and Suter are gone and the full rebuild can start. Remember that is still 5 to 6 years away.

Yet some fans who see frustrating issues get bowled over by the club... "All we need to do is make a few tweaks."

Sooner or later the season ticket holder turn-over rate will deplete itself.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:12 AM, 4Check said:

It's amazing how fast a team can become that slow!

Yes. Staal was and is an excellent signing but for example in the 1st goal it was painful to watch Aho skate by him like he was a slalom pole. Staal almost stood still and just tried to poke the puck away. A sort of a Vanekish moment of deja vu.

Archived