Fan from UK

UK Sabre

Just want to introduce myself from over in the UK. Been following the Sabres for a good few years now through some good and lots of bad times. Great to see the team on the up. Looking forward to seeing how the season progresses but looking good so far. Get to see some games over here on Premier TV but not many. Ambition is one day to visit Buffalo and see a game live. 

Welcome aboard @UK Sabre

Always nice to see fans from far off lands (yes, that was a bit dramatic, but for me far off lands is anything away from North American soil :biggrin: ), not only be interested in hockey, but our site as well!

From the looks of it, a very good time to follow the Sabres.
Fanbase has been suffering for quite some time now, and while I feel they still have some work to do to be a true perennial contender, this season could be marking the beginning of some great competitive hockey from this bunch.

Buffalo WILL have an interesting off season, no matter how this campaign turns out, due to decisions regarding who to pay, who to keep, who to let go, and who to sign, but finally, FINALLY, Sabres fans have something they can hang their collective hockey masks on.

Please, be as active as you can on our site, we have fans for specific teams here, but you will notice a heavy Flyer and Wild influence here, but also, you will see many fans who, like me, are overall NHL fans and will gladly discuss, agree or disagree with you and others on just about any team in the NHL.

If you have any questions about site functions, don't hesitate to ask.
There are no dumb questions...only unasked ones.
Many of our members would gladly help, and myself and other mods certainly will.

Enjoy your stay, and see ya round the boards!

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Welcome aboard @UK Sabre

Always nice to see fans from far off lands (yes, that was a bit dramatic, but for me far off lands is anything away from North American soil :biggrin: ), not only be interested in hockey, but our site as well!

From the looks of it, a very good time to follow the Sabres.
Fanbase has been suffering for quite some time now, and while I feel they still have some work to do to be a true perennial contender, this season could be marking the beginning of some great competitive hockey from this bunch.

Buffalo WILL have an interesting off season, no matter how this campaign turns out, due to decisions regarding who to pay, who to keep, who to let go, and who to sign, but finally, FINALLY, Sabres fans have something they can hang their collective hockey masks on.

Please, be as active as you can on our site, we have fans for specific teams here, but you will notice a heavy Flyer and Wild influence here, but also, you will see many fans who, like me, are overall NHL fans and will gladly discuss, agree or disagree with you and others on just about any team in the NHL.

If you have any questions about site functions, don't hesitate to ask.
There are no dumb questions...only unasked ones.
Many of our members would gladly help, and myself and other mods certainly will.

Enjoy your stay, and see ya round the boards!

Thanks for the add. Yeah I'll be as active as possible. My knowledge will be way down on you guys but hopefully I can learn some stuff. North American sports are really on the rise over here in the UK. 

1 hour ago, UK Sabre said:

Ambition is one day to visit Buffalo

Nobody has ever uttered these words before! 

Just kidding - that's a joke directed at another member. Welcome. How is the UK these days? Everything hunky dory? Just kidding, that's a Brexitty joke. What part of the UK are you from and how did you get into hockey?

5 minutes ago, UK Sabre said:

Thanks for the add. Yeah I'll be as active as possible. My knowledge will be way down on you guys but hopefully I can learn some stuff. North American sports are really on the rise over here in the UK. 

Don't worry about "matching knowledge" with anyone here.

Just enjoy the sport, enjoy your team because even the most knowledgeable of us always learn stuff from others.

And the great thing is, our fans here express themselves in different ways too.
We have the rah, rah homer fans (nothing wrong with that), who probably couldn't tell you who the top two centers on certain other teams are, but could write you a book on the players THEIR team has....and we learn from them.

We have numbers type guys....the analytical sorts who sure know their way around a computation or formula....we learn from them.

We have the "gotta see it live" types, who can sit here and tell you all sorts of things you might miss seeing a game on TV because they go to so many live games and are privy to things the TV audience is not....and we learn from them.

And we have the sarcastic and/or clown faces who use zingers and one liners to get their points across....we laugh and learn from them.

And lots of other types I am surely missing.
So just enjoy, read what other people say, but don't be afraid to put in your unapologetic viewpoints.
It's all good.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Just kidding - that's a joke directed at another member. Welcome. How is the UK these days? Everything hunky dory? Just kidding, that's a Brexitty joke. What part of the UK are you from and how did you get into hockey?

See what I mean, @UK Sabre ?

Exhibit A on the "clown face"... :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

See what I mean, @UK Sabre ?

Exhibit A on the "clown face"... :biggrin:

Yabutt, that doesn't mean I don't know my hockey , cause I do - just ask me, I dare ya!

I love when people from non-traditional hockey countries show up. They give a very different and valuable take on the game that I love, so I really appreciate. Like, I would trade 1 ruxpin for 2 aussies and a kiwi in a heartbeat!

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Yabutt, that doesn't mean I don't know my hockey , cause I do - just ask me, I dare ya!

I love when people from non-traditional hockey countries show up. They give a very different and valuable take on the game that I love, so I really appreciate. Like, I would trade 1 ruxpin for 2 aussies and a kiwi in a heartbeat!

I mostly agree...

However, I wouldn't trade our @ruxpin….. lots of intangibles there you simply cannot coach out of other posters.
I MIGHT gauge the market to see what other forums would be willing to trade for him, but ultimately keep him in our top nine.

But yes...more import posters is a good thing.

I always feel fancy, schmancy if I can tell people the site I frequent is quite international and cultured...………. as some of my fellow posters belch beer beside me.... :shifty:

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You should consider yourself lucky if you get a half-eaten kiwi out of it.

Errrr, by "Kiwi" I think he meant New Zealander, not the fruit, but they, if a half eaten person from down under appeals to ya, I won't judge...  😄

And I guess Applebees can be considered cultured....probably about as much as Tim Horton's, eh?  

30 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

UK is broken in 2!!!! 🤣. I'm from Leeds in Yorkshire, which is in Northern England. I just started getting into Hockey and NFL in the late 80s when NFL arrived on UK TV. Picked the Sabres as they had Pat LaFontaine and Alexander Mogilny and I loved the colours. Simple as that. I just picked random teams and stuck with them. 

6 minutes ago, UK Sabre said:

UK is broken in 2!!!! 🤣. I'm from Leeds in Yorkshire, which is in Northern England. I just started getting into Hockey and NFL in the late 80s when NFL arrived on UK TV. Picked the Sabres as they had Pat LaFontaine and Alexander Mogilny and I loved the colours. Simple as that. I just picked random teams and stuck with them. 

That is awesome.   Not horrible players to base picking a team on, either.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LOL!!!   That's funny.

If I remember correctly, they were pretty good on NHL 95 on Super NIntendo, too. 

Yeah they were.  We have 2 live games over here tonight. Got the Wild @ Blue Jackets followed by knights @ canucks. Stupid times though so I have to record them

Archived