Wild vs. Jets 12/29/18 @ 3:00PM CST at MTS Centre

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't get to watch this entire game start to finish, just bits n pieces...
But from what I saw, the Wild pretty much did everything RIGHT this game.

Held the number one team in the West to paltry shot totals until the end of the game, Dubnyk played out of his mind this game, and Minnesota shooters doing what they are supposed to do and that is shoot first, ask questions later.

Beating Winnipeg in their own building is especially sweet (True North THAT one, 'Peg fans :biggrin: ), however, I just hope Minnesota doesn't think they are on the right track to the playoffs now and ease up on their intensity on the upcoming games.

Nice to beat The Peg, but one good game does NOT a successful season make and Minnesota still has scoring woes and I think their overall confidence can still be labeled as "fragile".

I don't mind if they prove me wrong however.

Pittsburgh, Toronto and Ottawa... ALL teams that can score, the Wild have coming up... PItts being the only home game there.
And in fact, the road games in Toronto and Ottawa kick off a road trip that sees them go to Montreal and Boston as well....NOT an easy stretch by any metric.

We will soon see if this team really has figured anything out and if Dubnyk is going to play above and beyond as that seems to be necessary this year for the team.

I will enjoy this win, but be cautiously optimistic about what this team will do moving forward.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:02 AM, Jimtown guy said:

Fortunately for me I have watched maybe 10 minutes of their current 5 game losing streak. Will miss this one too and I probably won’t regret it. Hope I’m wrong 

Happy to be wrong 

Archived