Wild vs. Golden Knights 1/21/19 @ 5:00PM CST at T-Mobile Arena

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

I think Pittsburgh could have used MAF over the last two years...Didn't he win them a few?!?  Not done yet

Yea, I think the demise of Fleury was greatly exaggerated by many.
In fact, the Penguins, over the last decade or so, have had an embarrassment of riches when it comes to goaltenders.

Hey, you know what?
Maybe the Wild and they can work out some deal to get Casey Desm….oh wait...nevermind… :bigteeth:

2 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Foligno IMO has been the best player all night

For sure at least one of them.

When it comes to 4th liners, ANY time you can get production out of them, it is bonus, and shame on the so called 'star players' if they can't at least match what the gritty 4th liners contribute.

40 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I just can't believe how much slower he is this year. He must have spent the off season not excersising at all, at least Suter has the excuse of broken leg.

Unless?? Maybe Mikko is being a really supportive captain, and is dogging it like a 90 year old to make Ryan look faster?

He has never been fast, but I would agree that the drop-off has been a veritable cliff this year....How will he look next year!?!  Suter came back too soon, in my opinion.  I would hate him less, if he was not such an a$$ about excessive TOI

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Foligno works hard enough to justify more TOI with better lines.  Like his game

I like what he brings to the team as well....but I wouldn't get too crazy on "moving him up the lines".
Maybe a third line promotion playing with larger bodied guys with more hands skills....but no one should be under the delusion he is anything close to top six material.

He would get terribly exposed there.
Not knocking the guy....I was one of the people on this site last season before the Wild fan migration here who was calling for better bottom six guys to COMPLIMENT a guy like Foligno...but I like him best either right where he is as a leading 4th liner, or if Coach wants to give him some more responsibility, give him solid third line wing time.

10 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Oh, I am sorry that you had mandated only some droning play-by-play banter in lieu of any opinion on the board....Back to your regular expectations with the cute siren bereft of other commentary.  FWIW: There have been several posters that think the trade was palatable.  Sorry that you were not here to listen to it... 

giphy.gif

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I like what he brings to the team as well....but I wouldn't get too crazy on "moving him up the lines".
Maybe a third line promotion playing with larger bodied guys with more hands skills....but no one should be under the delusion he is anything close to top six material.

He would get terribly exposed there.
Not knocking the guy....I was one of the people on this site last season before the Wild fan migration here who was calling for better bottom six guys to COMPLIMENT a guy like Foligno...but I like him best either right where he is as a leading 4th liner, or if Coach wants to give him some more responsibility, give him solid third line wing time.

3rd Line at times...Against bigger/tougher teams.  Particularly in playoffs against a team like Winnipeg.  Not top 6

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

Ek has played hard too. Seldom does he get results but he's been physical, tireless and has threatened a few times.

Ek has always played hard, I wish he would drive the net more, I just don't think he has that mindset.

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Others are contributing as per normal, but another who always seems to play great who goes unnoticed is Spurgeon.

Spurgeon is a GREAT player.  For all the sheep that point to Suter, Spurgeon plays better D than Suter, and is as close to Dumba on O as we have.  He would be a perennial All Star if he was bigger.....Clyde gets a gift

Archived