Lehterable on Waivers

vis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, vis said:

About time.  Wonder if someone is close to returning.

Oh my God bro you just made my day...i am about to head out to the gym and now i will have an awesome work out now!!!

Maybe something is about to happen....this at least gives them some room to recall someone now. Maybe Myers???

Maybe a forward to play on the bottom 6 six so they can maybe scratch Varone??

I would mind seeing Justin Bailey added to the 4th line. Raffl-Vorobyev-Bailey??

Or someone is about to be traded for oh goody can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later!!!

One more thing before heading out sure nothing earth shattering but i have really really like Fletcher's move so far.

No more Weal, Weise and now Lehtera??? Man he might need to run for office!!!!

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe a forward to play on the bottom 6 six so they can maybe scratch Varone??

I would mind seeing Justin Bailey added to the 4th line. Raffl-Vorobyev-Bailey??

Meh, I'd rather send down Vorobyev and bring up Vecchione. 

So happy Jori Speedball is gone though!!

Was thinking maybe Morin is due back soon.  Would they have to clear a roster spot for him?

I'll be happy once he's assigned to the Phantoms (or claimed).  He hasn't played much since Hakstol was fired, so waiving him doesn't really have much of an effect on the lineup.  Still, it's nice to see that Fletcher continues to take out the garbage even if Lehtera wasn't going to be back anyway.

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Interesting that Vecchione is somewhat forgotten (well, at least I have mostly forgotten about him).  Wouldn't mind getting a look at him, but not holding out hope that he becomes an NHL regular.  Are we done with Vorobyev again?

1 minute ago, vis said:

Was thinking maybe Morin is due back soon.  Would they have to clear a roster spot for him?

I'll be happy once he's assigned to the Phantoms (or claimed).  He hasn't played much since Hakstol was fired, so waiving him doesn't really have much of an effect on the lineup.  Still, it's nice to see that Fletcher continues to take out the garbage even if Lehtera wasn't going to be back anyway.

With Lehtera and McKenna, they are at 23. I think McKenna still counts as a roster spot even though he is on a conditioning assignment.

So waiving Lehtera could have to do with Elliott or Neuvirth being ready to come back, or as you say, activating Morin. There's also Corban Knight, but I don't know his return timetable.

1 minute ago, vis said:

Interesting that Vecchione is somewhat forgotten (well, at least I have mostly forgotten about him).  Wouldn't mind getting a look at him, but not holding out hope that he becomes an NHL regular.  Are we done with Vorobyev again?

I'm not done with Vorobyev, but just unimpressed with his game. He seems disengaged. 

Vecchione, in the very very limited action I've seen of him in preseason and Phantoms highlights, could be a more engaging player, hungry for the NHL. Vorobyev looks like he could take it or leave it. 

So I''m not necessarily thinking Vecchione becomes an NHL regular, but just a better 4th line player than Vorobyev down the stretch. 

33 minutes ago, vis said:

About time.  Wonder if someone is close to returning.

Could be Elliott. Could be thinking of bringing up the Germ or in a crazy world they could be trading a non-roster player for a roster player.  

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

I'm not done with Vorobyev, but just unimpressed with his game. He seems disengaged. 

Vecchione, in the very very limited action I've seen of him in preseason and Phantoms highlights, could be a more engaging player, hungry for the NHL. Vorobyev looks like he could take it or leave it. 

So I''m not necessarily thinking Vecchione becomes an NHL regular, but just a better 4th line player than Vorobyev down the stretch. 

In his limited NHL exposure out of College, Vex was excellent in the circle and driving play.  Misha looked better in camp.  I’d still like Vex to get his shot. 4th line C is his ceiling but he could be a good one. 

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

the Germ

He's out for the season.

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

In his limited NHL exposure out of College, Vex was excellent in the circle and driving play.  Misha looked better in camp.  I’d still like Vex to get his shot. 4th line C is his ceiling but he could be a good one. 

Exactly what I'm thinking. Vorobyev hasn't shown the speed or play driving to make that 4th line go, go, go. I honestly forgot he was playing over the past few games.

15 minutes ago, brelic said:

He's out for the season.

Damn, I forgot.  I just don't have time to keep up with the Phantoms and it frustrates me.  

15 minutes ago, brelic said:

Exactly what I'm thinking. Vorobyev hasn't shown the speed or play driving to make that 4th line go, go, go. I honestly forgot he was playing over the past few games.

I also can't help but wonder if he might be bringing guys like Misha, Varone and Vecchione up to showcase them a little bit since no one wants to trade for Weise or Lehtera, maybe they'll go for one of the younger guys... only they have little to no track record.

There were apparently a million scouts at the Vancouver game, but Misha didn't show them too much I guess.  Of course he only got 8 minutes, but in a one goal game and a 7 game winning streak, you can't take too many risks I guess.

Side note, it's a real shame they're not all better, otherwise you could trade them all to the Ducks so they could finally sell out completely and get their "Flying V" line. 

43 minutes ago, brelic said:

Well from a friend of mine that that has Phantom season tickets and lives in Bethlahem he is telling me that Vecchione isn't a NHL because I was discussing the same to him last week.

I trust his opinion.

52 minutes ago, brelic said:

With Lehtera and McKenna, they are at 23. I think McKenna still counts as a roster spot even though he is on a conditioning assignment.

So waiving Lehtera could have to do with Elliott or Neuvirth being ready to come back, or as you say, activating Morin. There's also Corban Knight, but I don't know his return timetable.

If it was Elliott or Neuvirth, wouldn't they just waive McKenna?

Regardless of the reason, it's good to see them trying to move on.

TSN reached out to Dave Hakstol for comment. Hakstol took a moment from his vacation with former Flyer Chris VandeVelde to give his thoughts. “ I have no clue what Fletcher is doing. First he rushes Carter Hart up, now he’s getting rid of a vet that plays a heavy game.”

53 minutes ago, brelic said:

Agree.  I don't know if the speed is too much for him or what.  

I don't mind seeing what Vecchione can do, but no one really talks about him much.  Assume there is a good reason for that.  His stats with the Phantoms aren't impressive.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

One more thing before heading out sure nothing earth shattering but i have really really like Fletcher's move so far.

No more Weal, Weise and now Lehtera??? Man he might need to run for office!!!!

I hope you're being sarcastic.  I'll admit that these WOULD have been really helpful moves back when Hakstol was still around and insisted on playing them all... above the 4th line... all the time.  As things are Gordon has had the good sense to mostly bench them all.  

Fletcher's really good move so far was firing Hakstol... which he took to long to do...  as did Hextall or they'd never have gotten themselves into this mess.  

Weal, Weise and Lehtera weren't going to be a part of the team's plans, so these moves are just accelerating the inevitable.  Weise was the only one not under contract next year.  Actually he still is.  He'll be the highest paid Phantom since AMac... at half AMac's salary. 

12 minutes ago, Samifan said:

TSN reached out to Dave Hakstol for comment. Hakstol took a moment from his vacation with former Flyer Chris VandeVelde to give his thoughts. “ I have no clue what Fletcher is doing. First he rushes Carter Hart up, now he’s getting rid of a vet that plays a heavy game.”

Ha ha... to be fair though, I don't think even Fletcher "wanted" to bring up Hart when he did. 

Scott may have.  Homer may have been thinking about it... but I don't think most "hockey guys" really thought it was a good idea yet.  This all happened because every damn goalie on the team got hurt. 

18 minutes ago, vis said:

If it was Elliott or Neuvirth, wouldn't they just waive McKenna?

Regardless of the reason, it's good to see them trying to move on.

They can store both in the AHL for two weeks anyway.  

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I hope you're being sarcastic.  I'll admit that these WOULD have been really helpful moves back when Hakstol was still around and insisted on playing them all... above the 4th line... all the time.  As things are Gordon has had the good sense to mostly bench them all.  

Fletcher's really good move so far was firing Hakstol... which he took to long to do...  as did Hextall or they'd never have gotten themselves into this mess.  

Weal, Weise and Lehtera weren't going to be a part of the team's plans, so these moves are just accelerating the inevitable.  Weise was the only one not under contract next year.  Actually he still is.  He'll be the highest paid Phantom since AMac... at half AMac's salary. 

No it's not. Seriously.

9 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Inreally don’t give a f**k.  It was just a joke. 

Oh. I was about to be really concerned with your well being.

I think Fletch might be up to something is all I can venture to say honestly.

Or clearing room for a goalie like Neuvy or a spot for Sam.

This is sad news.  The Wannamaker Eagle is trembling.  Wawas in the Delaware Valley will stop selling coffee for 15 minutes to commemorate the loss.  Secretary Pompeo will accompany Lehtera to LVH to avoid any Visa problems.  

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh. I was about to be really concerned with your well being.

I think Fletch might be up to something is all I can venture to say honestly.

Or clearing room for a goalie like Neuvy or a spot for Sam.

I was thinking about Sam... but like both Neuvy and Elliott, why not give them their 14 days in LV first?  

Archived