Wild vs. Ducks 2/19/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild Go Through the Motions in 4-0 Loss to Anaheim

The description was really about all you need to know.  The Wild more or less messed around for about 53 minutes and then tried hard the last 7 minutes and then Dubnyk gave up two goals.  This team doesn't care, plain and simple.  Here is the recap, prospect news and Iowa Wild highlights.  Enjoy.  

Just read Suter's presser (my laptop is still in one piece after that):

"I still believe in our group (...)". Oh look, an ostrich with the head in the sand wearing a #20 jersey! How lovely!

"(...) Guys are working probably a lot harder than when we were winning (...)" Are. You. Effin'. F**king. Me. ?!?!

"We're just not scoring goals." No shít Sherlock...

And the saddest thing at the end, the Wild still holds the 2nd WC spot, which is beginning to be really pathetic.

1 hour ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

"I still believe in our group (...)". Oh look, an ostrich with the head in the sand wearing a #20 jersey! How lovely!

"(...) Guys are working probably a lot harder than when we were winning (...)" Are. You. Effin'. F**king. Me. ?!?!

And the saddest thing at the end, the Wild still holds the 2nd WC spot, which is beginning to be really pathetic.

Hard to believe that they would be in the playoffs if the season ended today 

15 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Hard to believe that they would be in the playoffs if the season ended today 

Things will tend to an equilibrium. If you exclude a cataclysm, the Wild will miss the playoffs based on what we see since 2019 (except we the eastern road trip).

I think we can assume the 7 first spots are secured. At the bottom, it's a bit too late for LA and EDM. There's 1 sport left for MIN, ANA, VAN. CHI, AZ and COL. Amongst those teams, only CHI is in a winning trend and I'm curious about ANA future tenure after the coach change. Look at the Blues, they were dead last in the last days of Yeo's era, and now with Bérubé the streak if at 11 and still counting. VAN, COL and AZ remain too inconsistent. My guess, CHI gets the final spot.

About the Wild and after these two consecutive home shutouts, they need to be crushed like never in the next home game. Not a dull 4-0 or 3-1 loss. No. A 8-1 or 9-1 rout, another shutout ideally. A real destruction and embarrassment with shorthanded goals, softies and other various humiliations. Just to see if some bulbs lighten up and what would come next.

Dallas had their run and they aren't playing well enough like they want to hold their spot.

Small window for us there ONLY if something Fenton does provides a spark and the fact the deadline is over.

Not that it matters that we even make the PO's but I'd like to see something interesting as a result of Fenton's work now even

tho it's for long term.

C'mon BB, Pulling Dubs down by 3 with less than 2 minutes?? ...Why?

We may have had a different outcome if the ref didn't take one to the nads.:dizzysmiley-1:

I watched the Boston game the other night and noticed many times they'd start their rush, Maybe 1-2 passes and carry it in the zone and maybe 1 more pass but a shot ON goal and even get the rebound.

Why do I bring this up?

Not ONCE did the puck touch the boards.

All we do is chip it along the boards and then dump it in to the corner. then perimeter play the entire time until the other team gets bored and takes it away...Not saying stop it entirely but it doesn't work and there are options out there.

Whoever is the offensive coach needs to go.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, Villette/Lavaux said:

The worst thing too is watch how Suter has to fight back smirking. The guy is a real PoS! He gives zero chits about actually making the playoffs much less actually wanting to win a cup. He knows his agent and him sold a big old fat bill of goods to the Wild with no expectations or consequences for not doing anything. His play literally would get any other players sent down to the AHL to rot. It's terrible and disgusting.
I feel for Parise although I want his contract off of this team. After that final buzzer you could see Parise sitting on the bench realizing he will never get a cup and part of it is his contract anchoring this team. You could see it in his eyes. I think he has the passion. I wouldn't hate him for that. But I think it finally has set in that they were not the answer and now their contracts are anchoring the team and it goes for another 6 years. By that time they will be 40 and more then likely retired. I actually felt really bad for him on that bench.

Right now I really like Foligno and how he is telling it how it is. He seems to be the leader as far as talking. At this point what would it hurt to do the rotating C and A's again? Maybe it might start a fire. Slap the C on Foligno and have him get very vocal!

I've liked Foligno's game since late last year. Along with Parise they show up every night and give it their best.

Sure Foligno makes mistakes but his effort is there for 60 minutes and we need more guys like that.

I agree, He was rewarded by moving to 3rd line but he deserves more.

On 2/19/2019 at 3:41 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Dubnyk will probably start as Boudreau re-asserted 'he's the guy', not quite sure why he had to do that after having him sit just once but whatever. 

"He's the guy"... 🙄👎 SMH... Yeah, in allowing softies. How can he be that blind?

Hopefully Fenton is dumping salary to go after Bobrovsky...

Archived