What Happened to Hart?

King Knut

I know he was tired and overworked before he got hurt, and he was likely rusty last night, butbhe’s Looking decidedly UN-HART-LIKE.  Way way way out of position.  Way Over committing to get himself out of position for rebounds. 

3 of the four goals were rebounds that he might have given up before, but never would have been so far out of position for.

What the hell happened to him?  It’s like he drank Mrazek juice.  

6 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I know he was tired and overworked before he got hurt, and he was likely rusty last night, butbhe’s Looking decidedly UN-HART-LIKE.  Way way way out of position.  Way Over committing to get himself out of position for rebounds. 

3 of the four goals were rebounds that he might have given up before, but never would have been so far out of position for.

What the hell happened to him?  It’s like he drank Mrazek juice.  

Go back and reread your first sentence the answer to your riddle is there...no need to worry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Go back and reread your first sentence the answer to your riddle is there...no need to worry.

I don’t know... just feels off. Like not usual rust.  There are fundamentals to his game that we’re not present last night.  He didn’t look a little off.  He looked like a completely different goalie. 

Edited by King Knut

Hey King,

I wouldn't use last night's game to judge any goalies from the Flyers.

He had 3 goals where maybe if he's in the zone he's stopping them but 98%of NHL goalies weren't stopping the 2 Connolly shots or the Elhers goals.

I hope he gets to play himself back into shape.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, mojo1917 said:

Hey King,

He had 3 goals where maybe if he's in the zone he's stopping them but 98%of NHL goalies weren't stopping the 2 Connolly shots or the Elhers goals.

I actually disagree on that to an extent, it wasn't the goals, it was the rebounds that lead to them.  But whatever, he looked on point again last night.  thank god.  

• Like 1

I think we all have to remember something about Hart. He is 20 years old and these things are going to happen during games from time to time. Plus he is being worked like a dog and most likely is banged up in some way which isn't helping matters much. I know one thing though overall I feel he has done an amazing job. 

32 minutes ago, Hartsheart said:

I think we all have to remember something about Hart. He is 20 years old and these things are going to happen during games from time to time. Plus he is being worked like a dog and most likely is banged up in some way which isn't helping matters much. I know one thing though overall I feel he has done an amazing job. 

Worked like a dig might be pushing but he was coming off a injury and the Caps as your rehab assignment is a tough task for anyone coming back.

He bounced back his 976% is a testament to that he was outstanding in the Pens game.

The one thing they need to do is find a backup for him.

Will that be Talbot or Elliott?

Who can say right now since Talbot can't even sniff a start it seems they may resign paper mache Elliott.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Worked like a dig might be pushing but he was coming off a injury and the Caps as your rehab assignment is a tough task for anyone coming back.

He bounced back his 976% is a testament to that he was outstanding in the Pens game.

The one thing they need to do is find a backup for him.

Will that be Talbot or Elliott?

Who can say right now since Talbot can't even sniff a start it seems they may resign paper mache Elliott.

What they need to do is re-assign paper mache Elliott out of here and let Cam Talbot be the back up and give him some starts. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hartsheart said:

What they need to do is re-assign paper mache Elliott out of here and let Cam Talbot be the back up and give him some starts. 

I honestly don't see the point of Talbot at all. There's likely a very good reason he hasn't had any ice time, and it's not because Elliott been stellar. It was a bad acquisition from the start imo, and I really hope Fletch doesn't tie up some 4-5mil in a guy like that. At least Elliott has a decent price tag. Talbot is no better than Elliott at twice the cost.

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

I honestly don't see the point of Talbot at all. There's likely a very good reason he hasn't had any ice time, and it's not because Elliott been stellar. It was a bad acquisition from the start imo, and I really hope Fletch doesn't tie up some 4-5mil in a guy like that. At least Elliott has a decent price tag. Talbot is no better than Elliott at twice the cost.

I can understand your point with the money, but what was the point in acquiring Talbot in the first place then? Not to just have him sit there and not have him play at all. 

5 minutes ago, Hartsheart said:

what was the point in acquiring Talbot in the first place then? 

That my friend is the million dollar question many of us would love to have answered. Clearly it's not to have him play actual games, cause he hasn't been doing that.

I'd say the most likely scenario is that Talbot has been crapping the bed in practice, and the brass has never felt comfortable playing him. Aside from that, it might have been some sort of "favour" to Stolarz moving him to a market where he could become a starter while he's still in his prime. 

If in fact Elliott has been placed in net for Talbot because the former is proving to be a better goalie, that doesn't bode very well for Talbot at all. It's not like Elliott is lighting the world on fire. The bar is pretty low.

But for some reason, he's not getting ice time while Elliott has. That tells me something's clearly gone awry in the Talbot camp.

Edited by elmatus

4 minutes ago, elmatus said:

That my friend is the million dollar question many of us would love to have answered. Clearly it's not to have him play actual games, cause he hasn't been doing that.

I'd say the most likely scenario is that Talbot has been crapping the bed in practice, and the brass has never felt comfortable playing him. Aside from that, it might have been some sort of "favour" to Stolarz moving him to a market where he could become a starter while he's still in his prime. 

If in fact Elliott has been placed in net for Talbot because the former is proving to be a better goalie, that doesn't bode very well for Talbot at all. It's not like Elliott is lighting the world on fire. The bar is pretty low.

But for some reason, he's not getting ice time while Elliott has. That tells me something's clearly gone awry in the Talbot camp.

Another question I have is why do the Flyers always seem to have to go with the 3 headed Goalie system? To me that is nothing more than a big headache.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hartsheart said:

Another question I have is why do the Flyers always seem to have to go with the 3 headed Goalie system? To me that is nothing more than a big headache.

I think you mean eight headed goalie system.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Aside from that, it might have been some sort of "favour" to Stolarz moving him to a market where he could become a starter while he's still in his prime

Which still didn't help him he has one start since he was traded there.

Strange for both clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Which still didn't help him he has one start since he was traded there.

Strange for both clubs.

Yeah, that is what boggles my mind. He has one start since coming here and has played in two games total. If it is the teams reasoning to shop him down the road to be a starter then showcase him at least as a spell for Hart. As for what he is doing now when it comes time to move him if that is what the plan is they aren't even going to get a bag of used pucks for him because he hasn't been good this season. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, mojo1917 said:

Hey King,

This kid will have a huge role in turning this team around this year. The two new vets on the blueline will help a lot in that too.

He had 16 wins, second among NHL rookie goalies, and played well under pressure; in 15 games when he faced at least 35 shots, he was 11-4-0 with a 2.45 goals-against average and .937 save percentage.

He also was one of 10 NHL goalies from the day of his debut to the end of the season with at least four 40-save games; Hart was the only one to go undefeated in those games (4-0-0).

Let's go Flyers.

Rookies report September 7th.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

11-4-0 with a 2.45 goals-against average and .937 save percentage.

He also was one of 10 NHL goalies from the day of his debut to the end of the season with at least four 40-save games; Hart was the only one to go undefeated in those games (4-0-0).

🤩🥳

Thank you for those stats this afternoon.....I needed that!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 1:25 PM, King Knut said:

I actually disagree on that to an extent, it wasn't the goals, it was the rebounds that lead to them.  But whatever, he looked on point again last night.  thank god.  

If you have the time Hart's career simulation....hey good news he wins the Flyers a Cup!!!!