Morin not getting in a game this year

RonJeremy

Just now, King Knut said:

Solid?

Might be the best left side ever if they manage to put that together.  

Well let's hope they nail down Panarin he is the big fish on the market and maybe biggest if Karlsson doesn't get there.

As i stated somewhere Q could be pivotal in signing him. The Isles and Rangers will be in hot pursuit as well as i heard the Panthers.

The Breadman has said he wants to play in a rabid hockey market so PHI, NYI and NYR fit that description not so much with Florida.

Yet i have to think a few teams will be in that we don't even know about yet.

Bottom line go get the man. Start by showing Gordon the door or the way back to LV.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Solid?

Might be the best left side ever if they manage to put that together.  

So after digging and hearing the NHLnetwork talking heads saying the Panthers are going to take a run at Bob and Panarin i can't see how they can afford to do that.

First they have 16 guys signed already with only 17.7 mill in cap space.

Combine that with the fact they have Luongo under contract the next 3 years at 4.5 mill and a NTC.

Reimer is also under contract for the next two years at 3.4 mill per.

So Talon would have his work cut out for himself.

Besides i think the Flames and Canes pursue Bob really hard this offseason. The loser may land Varlamov.

Panarin should be the Flyers number one priority. Of course after moving on from Goron or demoting to LV HC gig.

Q needs to be a priority too.

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well let's hope they nail down Panarin he is the big fish on the market and maybe biggest if Karlsson doesn't get there.

As i stated somewhere Q could be pivotal in signing him. The Isles and Rangers will be in hot pursuit as well as i heard the Panthers.

The Breadman has said he wants to play in a rabid hockey market so PHI, NYI and NYR fit that description not so much with Florida.

Yet i have to think a few teams will be in that we don't even know about yet.

Bottom line go get the man. Start by showing Gordon the door or the way back to LV.

I hope Karlsson gets there so the market can go bananas over him and Fletcher can focus on fwds like Panarin.

Still can't believe Stone signed with Vegas.  If both he and Panarin are the wings on the market, there's a great chance the Flyers get one of them.  WIth it just being Panarin, I don't know if Fletcher pulls it off and I don't trust him to get tricky with trades even though Toronto will basically be desperate for someone to take one of their wings for a low priced promising D man.

I still think a solid D man like Tyler Myers would be a big help and I think I'd be utterly comfy trading Hagg and then platooning P. Myers and Morin for a year until Seattle steals one of our guys.  

Ghost still has too much up-side to ship out of town IMHO, though if the right right winger becomes available for him, I'd consider it, leaving Hagg to be the straight up 7th.  This leaves them in a tougher spot for the expansion draft, but it also might make their fwd corps more rife for the plucking as well.

Islanders have their own guys to resign first, but at least they have some cap space.  It's hard to qualify them as a "Rabid Hockey Market" when they don't even have a home to play in.  

The Rangers just can't offer the Bread Man a ton of money. 

-They don't have a ton of cap space, 

-They don't really have any contracts expiring until NEXT season

-They have a TON of RFAs to resign or move. 

-They have a TON of draft picks (5 in the first two rounds).

About all the Rangers will have to Offer Panarin is NYC, which isn't much of a hockey town.  It's a big rabid market, but not so much a hockey town.  

Florida... I mean I honestly don't know why anyone ever signs in Florida.  But I guess if you like warm weather it makes sense.  They don't have a ton of cap space either, but they've got a few good D men and a 40 year old Luongo and a 32 year old Reimer backstopping them for the next three years so that will be awfully tempting.   

I think Toronto would be insane to trade Marner, but they're going to have to move someone (probably at least two guys if they keep Marner) that they don't want to.  There's an opportunity to be exploited there.  

I agree on the teams we don't know about yet. I'd be keeping an eye out for Carolina and Colorado.   I'd be really surprised if he signed with one of the above that wasn't the Flyers though.  

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Panarin should be the Flyers number one priority. Of course after moving on from Goron or demoting to LV HC gig.

Q needs to be a priority too.

Just not sold on Q.  Can't feel right about it.  Gordon losing to the Habs and Caps those 4 games in this stretch may have done himself in.  The league suspending Jake and cheating their butts off in the Islanders game didn't help, but The team didn't rise to the level of play they needed to (more about competing against the superior teams than making the playoffs even).  

I'm not saying it's a valid excuse to cut loose Gordon, but i think it gives Homer (cough) I mean Fletcher the room he needs to make the move.

All that said, I just wish I felt right about Quennville.  I don't.  Something just doesn't feel right about it.  

33 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Florida... I mean I honestly don't know why anyone ever signs in Florida. 

No state taxes for one and awesome weather too.

34 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I think Toronto would be insane to trade Marner

However they could easily turn Marner into the #1 they covet.

I'm not sure who that would be but it is there to be had by the right GM.

33 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Just not sold on Q.  Can't feel right about it.  Gordon losing to the Habs and Caps those 4 games in this stretch may have done himself in.  The league suspending Jake and cheating their butts off in the Islanders game didn't help, but The team didn't rise to the level of play they needed to (more about competing against the superior teams than making the playoffs even).  

I'm not saying it's a valid excuse to cut loose Gordon, but i think it gives Homer (cough) I mean Fletcher the room he needs to make the move.

All that said, I just wish I felt right about Quennville.  I don't.  Something just doesn't feel right about it.  

Well if it isn't Q then I don't know who else it could be with NHL experience.

Sure I like the thought of Keefe too but after Hak and then other without head coach experience they have tried I am a little apprehensive.

So who else does that leave?

I am putting my eggs in the Q basket and also hope it helps lure Panarin.

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

If Toronto wants to send Marner for Ghost, yahoo.  If they want to send Kappanen or someone for Ghost?  mmmmmmmmmm?  I'm having trouble with that one even though it might make sense

If the Maple Leafs trade Marner for Ghost straight up, the entire Toronto front office needs to be drug screened.  Especially straight up, I'm having them sign before the bennies wear off. 

Honestly, I'm intrigued by Kapanen. With the emergence of Sanheim and with Myers looking like he's an NHLer, I think I do the Ghost/Kapanen deal.  I try to get them to take Hagg or Gudas first, but ultimately I pull that trigger. 

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No state taxes for one and awesome weather too.

However they could easily turn Marner into the #1 they covet.

I'm not sure who that would be but it is there to be had by the right GM.

Errson?  Ustinenko?

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Errson?  Ustinenko?

HAHA I guess that is a joke?

No way....Sandstrom would even do it.

Sandstrom, Sanheim and a 1st might get them to pick the phone up.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I’d make that call and I’d even throw in Lindblom. That can happen at the draft of as soon as the Leafs lose out. 

I’d throw in knoecney, but they won’t be able to afford him either and he’d KILL IT on that team.  

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kinda.  

The leafs more more or less have to hope this is they’re year (it’s not) or start figuring  out how to ice a more complete team.  They’re in almost the opposite place of the Flyers positionally as they have a plethora of young forwards... and Marleau and we have a plethora of young D men... and MacDonald.  As the last two games have shown, the teams seem almost evenly matched (now that hakstol ain’t around to ruin it). 

Unlike the Flyers, their cap situation is such and the players they need to sign are SOOO good that the only way to improve their D is to trade a fwd or two.  

Its a match made in hockey heaven. 

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

If the Maple Leafs trade Marner for Ghost straight up, the entire Toronto front office needs to be drug screened.  Especially straight up, I'm having them sign before the bennies wear off. 

Honestly, I'm intrigued by Kapanen. With the emergence of Sanheim and with Myers looking like he's an NHLer, I think I do the Ghost/Kapanen deal.  I try to get them to take Hagg or Gudas first, but ultimately I pull that trigger. 

Well it wouldn’t be for Ghost alone.  They probably aren’t going to trade him at all. They’re more likely to find a home for Nylander or one of the wings not named Marner. I just don’t want Nylander.  

Kapanen is a good player.  Lots of potential still.  Always good to have that. Some in orange and black.   

I don’t think I do a Ghost / Kapanen deal though and I don’t think Toronto does either as it doesn’t really save them money.  

In a year they’ll get $11million+ Off the books in Marleau and Horton. 

In the mean time Marner, Kapanen, & Johnson all need new contracts and they’re all morons if they don’t demand at least 7.5-8.5 million each after what that team coughed up for Nylander. Marner should demand at least 10. 

If the cap goes up to 83million, they’ve have about 10 in cap space next year to sign $26 million worth of forwards and at least $8million in D men ( they may choose not to resign Gardiner, but he will need to be replaced).

They simply  don’t have the cap space for Ghost (even if he is the Gardiner replacement). 

They’re only hope is that Marner and Kapanen will sign one year deals until Horton and Marleau are off the books, but that only buys them $11 or so more million when they need at least $24. 

I don't know why why they didn’t trade Nylander when they had the chance.  Now they’ll have to hope he has a stellar year next year to prove to some team he’s worth $7million.  Looking at all this, I don’t really know why they went all in on Tavares either.  Seems like it wasn’t wise.  Exciting yes... maybe not wise.  All this is much more doable without his hit. 

In the mean time, they’re likely going to want a UFA D-man. 

If I were Toronto, I honestly don’t know if I wouldn’t look at trading Matthews or Marner in a blockbuster Deal of young D men and a goalie and picks or prospects.  It might be the best thing for their future.  

Maybe I’m missing something obvious?

the players they need to sign are SOOO good that the only way to improve their D is to trade a fwd or two.  

Sure and if they are to trade a Marner they would expect a D man the caliber of a Josi or Hedman or a young one like Chabot back.

56 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I don't know why why they didn’t trade Nylander when they had the chance.

They should have done that this past offseason before even trying to resign him and that circus they created....it actually made Nylander look kind of like a dick.

I imagine he and another forward get traded out. I think they try and keep Marner. 

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure and if they are to trade a Marner they would expect a D man the caliber of a Josi or Hedman or a young one like Chabot back.

Josi and Hedman are too expensive.  Chabot is right in the sweet spot, plus Ottawa will likely have high draft picks. for a few years.  

If they end up top 2 (as they should) Chabot and This year's pick might do it.  

For Currently Flyers, really only Morin and Myers would fit the bill for Toronto for a big deal.

If they're looking to move someone like Kapanen, and are interested Radko or Hagg it might work out.  With Ghost, they get like a $3million savings on what Kapanen should be pushing for which isn't necessarily going to help them much.  

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Josi and Hedman are too expensive.  Chabot is right in the sweet spot, plus Ottawa will likely have high draft picks. for a few years.  

If they end up top 2 (as they should) Chabot and This year's pick might do it.  

For Currently Flyers, really only Morin and Myers would fit the bill for Toronto for a big deal.

If they're looking to move someone like Kapanen, and are interested Radko or Hagg it might work out.  With Ghost, they get like a $3million savings on what Kapanen should be pushing for which isn't necessarily going to help them much.  

I can't imagine Ottawa and Toronto making that kind of trade together. 

Then again, they *did* make the monster Phaneuf swap, so anything's possible... 

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

They should have done that this past offseason before even trying to resign him and that circus they created....it actually made Nylander look kind of like a dick.

I imagine he and another forward get traded out. I think they try and keep Marner. 

That's what I'd assume too.  You don't trade a guy who's doing what Marner is for you.  I just can't imagine as a GM looking at what you've got coming up (especially after the season started and marner looked so good--not that his first two years were anything to shake a stick at)  why you wold acquiesce to such demands knowing you're going to screw yourself so badly.  For Nylander's part, I don't blame him at all and what he did will benefit Marner, Johnson and Kapanen greatly.

I just hope the Flyers don't trade for him.  He's fine but the wonderful cap space Hextall took 5 years to generate is about to go bye bye in a heartbeat and I don't want to give up an asset like Ghost just to have a 3C like Nylander taking up $7million of it.  

47 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Josi and Hedman are too expensive. 

I was using them as the type of talent they would expect in return but for the cap reasons they may just want a boat load of picks and prospect who are close in return.

I don't want to give up an asset like Ghost just to have a 3C like Nylander

I know it's been well documented around these parts about the Flyers passing on Pettersson and all and taking Patrick but i can't help but imagine what would the Flyers have looked like taking Miro instead...then they might have trade Ghost before now and got some good value back for him...maybe a young center?? Or a young RW??

Sure a subject change and all but hey slow times with the Flyers about to be golfing.

Can't imagine kid looked good last night in the game i watched mature beyond his years....

...imagine a top 4 of...

Provorov - Sanheim

Heiskanen - Myers

Looks lethal on paper.

31 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Don't get hopes up but I read somewhere the Blackhawks are the likely landing spot for Q 😩

I don't remember where, could've been a Chi board :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

He's going back to where he was *just* fired??

23 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

Don't get hopes up but I read somewhere the Blackhawks are the likely landing spot for Q 😩

I don't remember where, could've been a Chi board :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

He was just fired from there. That makes zero sense. There is absolutely no chance of that happening. 

Archived