Myers for Getzlaf

Guest Pegulaville26

If I see this in one more place I am going to pull my eyes out. THE SABRES ARE NOT TRADING TYLER MYERS FOR RYAN GETZLAF. ONE MORE TIME NO MYERS FOR GETZLAF TRADE! Getzlaf is a great player, but not at the expense of your young stud franchise cornerstone. If the Sabres were one piece away from a cup maybe it's different, however they are multiple pieces away.

Yeah that is a pretty crappy trade for Buffalo. Not discounting Getzlaf, but Myers is a hard player to replace. Where did you see those rumors at?

I am going to start a better rumor. My friend, who is practically an Ecklund E2, heard while cleaning the windows at the Wells Fargo Center that the Flyers were interested in Myers.

The rumor is:

Matt Carle, Jody Shelley and a 2nd for Myers.

More to come.... :wacko:

Now I cannot confirm the pizza rumor, but it sounds about right. If Philly were to give up all that, I would expect Ennis or Gerbe to be part of the package as well.

So now I am hearing, Myers and either Ennis or Gerbe for Lilja, Shelley and a 5th/Large Pizza from Godfather Pizza.

I think it solves both teams issues.

Philly finally gets that young stud Defenseman and a solid forward.

Buffalo gets an absolutely useless pylon on defense, a human punching bag, and a crowd pleasing- locker room friendly large Pizza from Herman Cain's own Godfather Pizza.

More to come.

Edited by Bertmega

Yeah that is a pretty crappy trade for Buffalo. Not discounting Getzlaf, but Myers is a hard player to replace. Where did you see those rumors at?

I am going to start a better rumor. My friend, who is practically an Ecklund E2, heard while cleaning the windows at the Wells Fargo Center that the Flyers were interested in Myers.

The rumor is:

Matt Carle, Jody Shelley and a 2nd for Myers.

More to come.... :wacko:

hahaha thats a good one. surprised walker wasn't mentioned as well

This is an opportunity for two teams to rid themselves of problems and give players a chance in a new environment.

Pronger, Bryzgalov, a Just Pizza pizza party and the rights to be the jersey Danny Briere wears if he's inducted into the Hall of Fame for Myers, Miller and team dinners at Chef's after every game in Buffalo for the next three seasons - pending realignment.

Buffalo gets a Hall of Fame defenseman who's signed at a reasonable cap number and a former Vezina nominee to backup Enroth plus a feel-good media story and a pizza party in the new locker room. Philly rolls the dice on a young defenseman and an aging goalie in decline but will have some nice family Italian dinners.