You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

TropicalFruitGirl26

2019-20 Iowa Wild and Prospects

Sam Anas has also been playing very well as of late.  That was a nice rebound win for them after their previous outing against Bakersfield.  Gerald Mayhew is just a machine and I hope he gets another shot with the big club.  

• Like 1

Mayhew needs to get a shot at NHL. It is demoralizing for the players if they shine in the AHL, and don't even get a chance. If the organisation don't see a way to give him  a good shot at a spot, they should trade him. There should be interested trade partners.

• Like 1

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

3 Wild players made this list including (spoiler alert) Matt Boldy.  Not sure I agree with it, but even he agrees the reports are mixed on this guy.  

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

3 Wild players made this list including (spoiler alert) Matt Boldy.  Not sure I agree with it, but even he agrees the reports are mixed on this guy.  

Pronman was the guy saying not to panic about Boldy not lighting it up in December. He also said if Boldy is continuing to have problems in March, then there may be cause for concern...

I'm waiting for March to roll around to see if he continues to say Boldy is a high end prospect or if he starts waving red flags...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Pronman was the guy saying not to panic about Boldy not lighting it up in December. He also said if Boldy is continuing to have problems in March, then there may be cause for concern...

I'm waiting for March to roll around to see if he continues to say Boldy is a high end prospect or if he starts waving red flags...

The skating is still bad.  I don't think its going to get much better, only hope it happens is because he adds strength.  But I'd find it hard to believe the USNDT didn't emphasize strength training a lot already.  

No points again for Boldy this weekend against UMass-Lowell.  By that same token, McBain and Warren didn't register any points either for BC even though they won both games.  Boldy played on the wing again, with McBain as his center...not many shots either.  I suppose the Boldy lovers will still rationalize this as him just struggling to adjust, blah, blah, blah...

Firstov had two goals last night though...leads UConn in scoring.  Same age, came from the same developmental league playing in their freshman season in the Hockey East Conference...but Boldy is the more promising prospect?!?!  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

No points again for Boldy this weekend against UMass-Lowell.  By that same token, McBain and Warren didn't register any points either for BC even though they won both games.  Boldy played on the wing again, with McBain as his center...not many shots either.  I suppose the Boldy lovers will still rationalize this as him just struggling to adjust, blah, blah, blah...

Firstov had two goals last night though...leads UConn in scoring.  Same age, came from the same developmental league playing in their freshman season in the Hockey East Conference...but Boldy is the more promising prospect?!?!  

I am not sure LIG. Like I said before, something is going on with his mentality to show high level of hockey as well as with his skills during this season. 

Sokolov is continuing to shine for the Iowa Wild team( by having already 11 goals; 5 assists;+/- +10 in 23 played games). He placed 1 single team goal and was #3 star of the previous game and placed 2 goals and was #1 star of the last game. We won that game in OT with a score 4:3.

According to the Iowa Wild main page  -

"Sokolov’s two tallies extended his goal streak to four games and point streak to five, both of which are career-highs for the winger. His four-game goal streak is also tied for the longest active streak in the AHL and since Jan. 11, his five tallies rank second among all skaters in the league."

From the good news also - Mason Shaw had his 1st game in AHL after a long period of rehabilitation from the last year injury which he got during the playoffs time. 

From other news - Gerald Mayhew did not play last 2 games. Is he injured?

20 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I am not sure LIG. Like I said before, something is going on with his mentality to show high level of hockey as well as with his skills during this season. 

Or, maybe he's just not that good?  He wouldn't be the first #mnwild prospect we ever had whose totals were inflated by playing on a really good team.

Sokolov has been playing well lately and showing off his NHL-calibre shot.  Iowa plays Chicago today at Noon which should be a pretty spirited game.    

15 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Or, maybe he's just not that good?  He wouldn't be the first #mnwild prospect we ever had whose totals were inflated by playing on a really good team.

Sokolov has been playing well lately and showing off his NHL-calibre shot.  Iowa plays Chicago today at Noon which should be a pretty spirited game.    

Yeah, agree, that version(he is not as good) regarding Boldy is not excluded too. Will see in a couple of seasons.

Regarding Sokolov - agree too, he is showing his NHL- caliber shot . The valuable part of him, from my observation, he could be very helpful during the crucial moments of the game - PP, OT, SO, which he showed in Iowa.

Problem with both Mayhew and Sokolov is that they probably need a top six line slot. And there just isn't any room for them because of all the NTC/NMC's that exist on the Wild's top six: Zuccarello, Zucker, Parise, Staal, and Koivu. That one last spot is being taken up by Fiala. He's actually producing, so they're not going to move him off his spot with Parise.

Maybe the Wild fall on their face here before the trade deadline and GMBG can move some pieces to make room for these younger guys, but If I know the Wild, they'll start winning here and go on a mini streak that will get them either into the final wild card spot by the trade deadline or within a point. Which means GMBG won't make any moves so as not to upset the team chemistry. 

Or maybe if they are still out of contention guys like Staal will start worrying more about getting traded than putting the puck in the net (like last year) and the whole team will circle the drain and then GMBG will make those moves to give guys like Sokolov and Mayhew a chance...

(shrugs)  We'll see.  I think Mayhew could be ok if you had him on the 4th line.  The cool thing with Sokolov, is his shooting side is the opposite of where you'd typically have Dumba (or Laine and Ovechkin).  

Iowa Wild team is playing now the afternoon game(01/20/2020) against Texas Stars team. After 30 minutes of game score so far is 0:1. Kahkonen  is in the net. Gerald Mayhew is playing too. Stars team is currently on a six-game win streak, which is the longest active streak in the AHL.

Score remained the same 0:1 after 2 periods. Shots were 24 for the Iowa Wild vs 21 shots for Texas Stars team. Both goalies playing pretty well in this game so far.

We were able to break Stars 6 games win streak and won this game with a final score 4:2. Kahkonen stopped 29 out of 31 shots on goal towards his net. During this game Mayhew put his 27th goal of this season; J.T. Brown had a winning goal and assist; Menell had 2 assists(total 25 assists) and Anas had an assist too(total 31 assists this season).