Wild vs. Blues 11/2/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

2 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Meh, I'd keep Kahkonen in Iowa.  If he doesn't like Dubnyk, start Stalock more.  This team is hopeless no matter who is in net most nights.  Dubnyk mostly complained about the officiating and about how that rule has been applied to him when he's had a forward camped in front of his crease as Parise was on the 'no goal' call.  Still, he didn't seem to take any ownership over giving up a few soft goals.  Boudreau indirectly mentioned the goaltending needed to be better though.  

I rather think this is a perfect moment to test Kahkonen and gain some data of what to do with the goalies. Dubnyk has one more year after this season and I'm afraid the organization wants to give him a maybe two year extension. Which would be a mistake. Stalock is a non-factor in any case.

Instead let Kahkonen have a go with the big boys. It would be a solution orientated move. Who knows, he might be the next Binnington! Berube wasn't afraid to test him. If the move works out, they can with ease tell Dubnyk to find another employer and better yet, start offering him to other teams before his contract expires, leave him unprotected etc.

Since they are not going to make the playoffs which the blind organization will figure out sooner than later, why would you insist on starting with Dubnyk? Like you said, the team is hopeless. Any move won't ruin a season which is already ruined. Why waste good games when you can test your top prospects?

Dubnyk is old, slow, can't handle the workload, has penchant for soft goals and obviously has an attitude. The sooner the Wild gets rid of him, the better.

Not that it matters.  Old Darcy Kuemper is #2 in GAA for the previously lowly Yotes (whom are a he77 of a lot better than the Wild to this point).  I have asked this before, but WHEN do the Wild scouts and player personnel staff (and I use that term loosely) get shown the door for this tire fire?  I would not let these guys near any Trade Deadline decisions, Draft, or anything else that concerns the future of this team.  They can grab some brooms, garbage bags, or sell some programs.  Guerin needs to clean house of these guys - IMMEDIATELY.  I just don't see much talent on this team at all, and expect a VERY grim future of years with all these millstone contracts and senior citizens with an attitude - looking right at you - Suter, Parise, Dubnyk, and Klyde. 😠 

6 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I rather think this is a perfect moment to test Kahkonen and gain some data of what to do with the goalies. Dubnyk has one more year after this season and I'm afraid the organization wants to give him a maybe two year extension. Which would be a mistake. Stalock is a non-factor in any case.

Instead let Kahkonen have a go with the big boys. It would be a solution orientated move. Who knows, he might be the next Binnington! Berube wasn't afraid to test him. If the move works out, they can with ease tell Dubnyk to find another employer and better yet, start offering him to other teams before his contract expires, leave him unprotected etc.

Since they are not going to make the playoffs which the blind organization will figure out sooner than later, why would you insist on starting with Dubnyk? Like you said, the team is hopeless. Any move won't ruin a season which is already ruined. Why waste good games when you can test your top prospects?

Dubnyk is old, slow, can't handle the workload, has penchant for soft goals and obviously has an attitude. The sooner the Wild gets rid of him, the better.

And if kakonen comes in and is the worst thing anyone ever saw, do they double down on dubnyk?

this club probably would. 

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Not that it matters.  Old Darcy Kuemper is #2 in GAA for the previously lowly Yotes (whom are a he77 of a lot better than the Wild to this point).  I have asked this before, but WHEN do the Wild scouts and player personnel staff (and I use that term loosely) get shown the door for this tire fire?  I would not let these guys near any Trade Deadline decisions, Draft, or anything else that concerns the future of this team.  They can grab some brooms, garbage bags, or sell some programs.  Guerin needs to clean house of these guys - IMMEDIATELY.  I just don't see much talent on this team at all, and expect a VERY grim future of years with all these millstone contracts and senior citizens with an attitude - looking right at you - Suter, Parise, Dubnyk, and Klyde. 😠 

In the 10/30/2019 Blues game day thread @CreaseAndAssistposted who the current Wild talent evaluators are. Fenton did clean house, mostly. Whether these guys are any better than the previous scouts we’ll just have to wait and see...

That's a tricky decision. Both Robson and Kahkonen have good stats. Do they get frustrated looking at the Night of the Living Dead going on with Minnesota Wild and still not getting an opportunity, and if they do get an opportunity, can they handle the pressure of a losing and poorly defending team? Perhaps they could trade Dubnyk for a pick and just take the risk. If it totally fails, we might get Lafreniere. (If it succeeds, then we end up with with a mediocre pick in yet another draft.)

13 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a tricky decision. Both Robson and Kahkonen have good stats. Do they get frustrated looking at the Night of the Living Dead going on with Minnesota Wild and still not getting an opportunity, and if they do get an opportunity, can they handle the pressure of a losing and poorly defending team? Perhaps they could trade Dubnyk for a pick and just take the risk. If it totally fails, we might get Lafreniere. (If it succeeds, then we end up with with a mediocre pick in yet another draft.)

Dubnyk has a modified NTC. He has to submit a list of 19 teams he can be traded to. Not sure how many GM's want a $4M cap hit goaltender with a 3.68 GAA and a 0.886 SV%...

I mean, if we all want the Wild to rebuild, this is the way to go. Keep trotting Dubnyk out there and racking up losses.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Dubnyk has a modified NTC. He has to submit a list of 19 teams he can be traded to. Not sure how many GM's want a $4M cap hit goaltender with a 3.68 GAA and a 0.886 SV%...

I mean, if we all want the Wild to rebuild, this is the way to go. Keep trotting Dubnyk out there and racking up losses.

Maybe Blake wants to? Quick seems nowadays like Cloutier 2.0. Blake would get a couple years less of mediocre goaltending.