AllStar Game -- Interesting, Boring and/or an annoying interruption of the season?

ruxpin

AllStar Game -- Interesting, Boring and/or an annoying interruption of the season?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. My thoughts on the AllStar break

• I really enjoy the AllStar game and look forward to it.
    • Eh, it's hockey
    • I can take/leave the AllStar game, but I really enjoy the skills competition
    • The skills competition plays like "activity day" in high school
    • Get on with the season. The whole thing is a boring waste of time. Let's get on with it.

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm a legend in my own mind.

Actually, I started out mopping the floor just like everyone else. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

image.png.b8c34e8b24985a0d44c974416b897726.png

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Actually, I started out mopping the floor just like everyone else. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

and the chics don't for get the chics, they love them some Ass. manager.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, radoran said:

Which is fine - but then why give the fans the vote in the first place?

I'd give the fans a chance to select one player (a popularity vote for past performance) to complete the roster. So it would be someone not already selected by the league. 

Hypothetical situation: Crosby is having a bad year. His numbers don't warrant selection to the ASG. The league doesn't select him (because by merit he doesn't get there) but then by fan voting he gets in as the final selection to the team. 

:) 

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I'd give the fans a chance to select one player (a popularity vote for past performance) to complete the roster. So it would be someone not already selected by the league. 

Hypothetical situation: Crosby is having a bad year. His numbers don't warrant selection to the ASG. The league doesn't select him (because by merit he doesn't get there) but then by fan voting he gets in as the final selection to the team. 

:) 

Right, this is essentially what MLB does for their ASG.

My point was why didn't the league do that instead of having it open to "anybody"? The answer, we know, is that they are morons who ####ed it up.

LMAO at the concept of the league not selecting Crosby for the ASG. :hehe:

9 minutes ago, radoran said:

Right, this is essentially what MLB does for their ASG.

My point was why didn't the league do that instead of having it open to "anybody"? The answer, we know, is that they are morons who ####ed it up.

LMAO at the concept of the league not selecting Crosby for the ASG. :hehe:

lol, that's why I put hypothetical.  ;)