Was 2020 Another 2008 Head Fake?

Howie58

Just now, mojo1917 said:

Those guys would lead the universe in PIMs wear our sweater.

Yes if those two were in a Flyer uni and threw the check that was thrown on Farabee it would have been a game misconduct and a suspension....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Those guys would lead the universe in PIMs wearing our sweater.

But it sure would he exciting. We have been pu$$ies for so many years , I dont think our distant past reputation matters much these days. We have a clean team and no fighters,  we dont take lots of penalties...

9 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Alexander Appleyard is one of the most intelligent and credible posters with regards to everything Flyers related. He also knows the European leagues inside out. He's an invaluable resource. 

Im not saying Applebee's is not correct about these prospects,  but, improving the first two lines is really far more important . Finding out we have a potential good fourth line is like finding out you got pajamas and socks for Christmas, they are necessary but not exactly at the top of your list.

Edited by RonJeremy

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And I agree with those comments he made about those three.

For now I can envision them being the perfect 3rd line you don't want to play against.

All the Flyers need to do is trim some dead weight and make room for them.

I expect this next camp preseason you will see a few kids playing very hard to try and prove themselves.

I expect Frost and Farabee to hit the gym hard this offseason and do what it takes to hold onto their places.

I can see Grant, Thompson, Pitlick as well as Braun not being brought back.

I can see either Ghost or Hagg shopped too.

As well as the 3 already mentioned already.

Meyers and Sanheim need to hit the gym as well. I would hold onto Clitlick, he was our best playoff performer , unless he wants some crazy contract. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Frost is going to be perfectly fine and can easily be another Barzal. Let's be honest about Lehigh Valley - Scott Gordon is a retard who has zero coaching acumen and NO business developing prospects. He's only there out of a misguided sense of loyalty to someone who took over the big club when Hakstol all but poisoned the locker room with horrendous coaching decisions and over usage and misuse of players. The fact that Frost did as well as he did with no viable instruction is nothing more than a minor miracle. It also speaks in volumes that Vigneault wanted him on the club and it was Fletcher that decided elsewise. The 2020-2021 season, Vigneault will have Frost for the full year. 

That "retard" also developed Sanheim, Myers, Hagg, NAK, Laughton, Friedman and Bunnaman.  And having attended over 30 Phantoms games last year I can assure you Frost was given more than 10 minutes a game to play most nights.  Gordo did have him ride the bench in a few third periods because of stupid play.  I have seen both players play and this kid is no Barzal.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Frost is going to be perfectly fine and can easily be another Barzal. Let's be honest about Lehigh Valley - Scott Gordon is a retard who has zero coaching acumen and NO business developing prospects. He's only there out of a misguided sense of loyalty to someone who took over the big club when Hakstol all but poisoned the locker room with horrendous coaching decisions and over usage and misuse of players. The fact that Frost did as well as he did with no viable instruction is nothing more than a minor miracle. It also speaks in volumes that Vigneault wanted him on the club and it was Fletcher that decided elsewise. The 2020-2021 season, Vigneault will have Frost for the full year. 

That "retard" also developed Sanheim, Myers, Hagg, NAK, Laughton, Friedman and Bunnaman.  And having attended over 30 Phantoms games last year I can assure you Frost was given more than 10 minutes a game to play most nights.  Gordo did have him ride the bench in a few third periods because of stupid play.  I have seen both players play and this kid is no Barzal.