Dumba and King Clancy

lynxrattle

6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I felt that it would be right to give congrats to Dumba. What he has been doing has showed leadership capabilities off-ice. Perhaps the off-ice activities bear fruit on-ice next season.

Hope, we will see some plenty of fruits (means goals) on-ice out of him too. We really need his on-ice production and his leadership for the team to win games. I was impressed how Kevin Fiala was trying to move the entire team towards winning during these playoffs.

Interesting fact, that King Clancy Memorial Trophy started in 1988.  We never won it (even when we were as a Minnesota North Stars team) until the year 2019. Jason Zucker won it. And now Matt Dumba for the year 2020. 2 years in a row the players of the Wild team won that trophy.

Here is a list of NHL King Clancy winners :

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-king-clancy-memorial-trophy-winners-complete-list/c-287975040

Matt Dumba's King Clancy Award, An Opportunity for Something Greater

I wrote this as news broke about Dumba's King Clancy win.  I know it probably won't go over well with some posters around here, but I think it needs to be said.  I really hope what he's doing now continues; not just for hockey but for society in general.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Matt Dumba's King Clancy Award, An Opportunity for Something Greater

I wrote this as news broke about Dumba's King Clancy win.  I know it probably won't go over well with some posters around here, but I think it needs to be said.  I really hope what he's doing now continues; not just for hockey but for society in general.  

Great article!

5 hours ago, hf101 said:

I fully expect Dumba to be the Wild's next captain.

I don't think so.  I think Dumba or Brodin will be traded for some offensive asset and to position for the expansion draft.  I think Brodin is the more reliable player, and you don't make Dumba a captain (only to trade him).  I think Spurgeon or Foligno will be an A or a C.  Perhaps both, if they can lose Parise before the season.

No captaincy for Dumba. I still would prefer to trade him for a smarter offensively minded defenseman. In some critical crucial situations, especially during playoffs, we have seen his un-logic decisions. The most fresh one, our last game these playoffs. 

On 9/10/2020 at 6:05 AM, lynxrattle said:

Wouldn't it be ironic, if they first traded Zucker right after getting the trophy, and then Dumba? It's going to get interesting after the playoffs end.

After Broding getting his extension you do wonder if now Dumba is the odd man out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

After Broding getting his extension you do wonder if now Dumba is the odd man out.

Those aren't minor smoke signals, either.  I think it is very obvious with the 7 year deal that Brodin is the one they chose, particularly if they keep Soucy.  We need to trade him before he (or someone we don't protect to keep him) gets claimed in expansion draft.  Intelligent use of minimal assets now will be paramount.  We have seen them thrown away in the past (NN trade comes to mind).