Marco Rossi

EmptyShelf

5 our prospects are participating now at the 2021 World Junior Championship. Sadly Marco Rossi did not have any points in a loss 0:11 game of the Austria team against USA team. But our other prospect Matthew Boldy was able to place 3 goals in that game. So far Boldy is one of the best players for the US team.

The game between Austria and Sweden teams just ended recently with another Austrian loss 0:4. In 2 games the team allowed 15 goals and did not produce any goals. As well as, it is not acceptable for Rossi do not produce any points in these 2 games. He is also a captain for this poor team. Wish him to place at least one goal during that championship because he must to show some of his skills. 

After the last lost 0:7 at the WJC-2021 of Austrian team against Czech Republic team, I am thinking more and more that the Wild organization should find some how the way to keep Rossi in Northern America leagues(NHL;AHL; OHL or even other minor leagues). Because , it seems, the level of hockey in Austria league is much much lower that it should be and Marco Rossi  just will lose his skills, which he gained in OHL during the last 2 seasons here. Team of Austria played poorly at the WJC -2021 and I understand well Rossi's frustration out of it. From my understanding, he is going to participate at our training camp soon after taking 4 COVID tests.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, lynxrattle said:

Rossi could play in Finland, Sweden or the KHL as well. That would help his development. Or in Germany, in that system where Stutzle and co have grown in.

No questions, definitely it would help, but still I would prefer to see his development closer and on smaller ice rinks. Why in 100 years the globe did not find an agreement to play on a certain standard size of ice rinks? Because different sizes in Europe and North America bring some inconvenience for teams to play at the international competitions.

Probably, and language communications for Rossi will be getting smoother too if he will play here. 

It seems Marco is not cleared to play at the training camp yet, even on Sunday at scrimmage show. I think, the 1st scrimmage is going to be today.

The white team wins that 1st scrimmage with a final score 2:1. I liked the nice speeds during a 3rd period for both teams. The green team had few opportunities, but Kahkonen was solid during that time. Next scrimmage is going to be on Sunday at 7 p.m.

How about we make a scrimmage thread instead of throwing this into the Rossi thread?  It would be one thing if this was all about Rossi observations from the scrimmage but right now he's still not playing with the team yet.  

On that, (see this nice segue I have here?!?) Russo seems to think there is something wrong with Rossi (he hinted it wasn't quarantine related so perhaps he had an injury of some kind) or something else which is why he hasn't been involved yet since making his way to Minnesota since the World Junior Championships.  He's been in Minnesota since January 1st....so we'll see.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

6 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

How about we make a scrimmage thread instead of throwing this into the Rossi thread?  It would be one thing if this was all about Rossi observations from the scrimmage but right now he's still not playing with the team yet.  

On that, (see this nice segue I have here?!?) Russo seems to think there is something wrong with Rossi (he hinted it wasn't quarantine related so perhaps he had an injury of some kind) or something else which is why he hasn't been involved yet since making his way to Minnesota since the World Junior Championships.  He's been in Minnesota since January 1st....so we'll see.  

Sorry LIG, it was my mistake. I was at work on that Friday evening and I just continued on thread in which I started to talk about a scrimmage. If you can , start a new topic for tonight scrimmage. I will not be able to watch, because I am going to drive to Litchfield tonight for a short period of time and then will be driving back home. In general, I liked what have I seen on Friday scrimmage from both teams - white and green one - nice level; nice speeds; goaltending was a pretty good too, but scrimmage is a scrimmage and the real NHL games are the real NHL games. Because there are absolutely different levels of tension as well as stress even without fans in arenas during NHL games. Every NHL game, every point will be important  for us if we are planning to reach a Stanley Cup playoffs this year as we usually do. The Division is not an easy too, especially Colorado, St. Louis and Vegas teams. From the other side to play lots of games against difficult teams of same Division (like in a playoffs mode) is a good thing to get a better more professional experience for our players against our opponents, IMO. 

Let's finish with those scrimmages on that thread, despite of Rossi is out indefinitely with undisclosed injury. I was not able to watch alive stream of a 2nd scrimmage tonight, but watched later on from that link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct-9d6vjKpU

I think, it was a good one too . Score was the same as on Friday. White team won it with a score 2:1.  Both goals for the white team put our defensemen - Spurgeon and Brodin. Talbot played all 3 periods for whites, and he was solid. Probably, he will be as a starter goalie against LA on Thursday. I think all team players played pretty well, but I was willing to see more production out of them. 3 goalies(Talbot, Kahkonen and Hammond) participated in that game  and were pretty good which limited us to see only 3 goals. Kaprizov and Parise assisted to Bjugstad goal for the green team. And probably, that will be our future team line so far.

• 3 weeks later...

From Michael Russo twit - Marco Rossi  said “Like many, I was originally shocked and very disappointed, yet at this time I am very optimistic that my health is and will be good to return to train/play. One thing I know is that I come back stronger than ever!!

Folded hands

”.  

• Like 1

I hope he can focus on his recovery, but this is still a step back for the Minnesota Wild.  Lost time developing, physical development stunted for now while he recovers.  Hopefully he can rebound next so he's ready to go next year.  

I guess if there is any good to come out of this, the condition makes it so there is no drama about will he or won't he play for the Wild this season.  We certainly know that won't be happening this year.  

According to a not bad news he has a pericarditis (his heart cover suit is slightly thicker than normal). It is not a myocarditis, when the heart muscle is involved into the inflammation .  He does not have any symptoms and blood tests are good. He and his agent were shocked when the doppler technician found that thickness of the pericardium. I do not think he should worry a lot about that. Many sportsmen have hypertrophic heart and pericardium because of a high tension of exercises and body stress during professional sports. In my opinion, he will be fine. In 6 weeks he must to come back for the 2nd medical control.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...