Misc. signings

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

To start it is a foregone conclusion that the King is moving on to the Capitals to work as a 1B with Samsonov. 

Wonder how that is going to look in a shorten season. (if that is what is going to happen??)   One has to believe that Samsonov gets at least 2/3 of starts.

• Like 1

A few misc. signings

Pitlick, solid 4th liner going to the desert in Arizona

Panthers continue rebuilding their defense adding Gudas to go with Nutivaara. Also signed high motor SC champ Verhaeghe for the 4th line.

Tampa resigns Maroon and Schenn on team friendly deals, waive Tyler Johnson to keep under the cap

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Turris just signed with the Oilers. 40-50 points is the best that could be expected, top nine slightly improved.

-I like the price

-I don't like the second year.

-Is an upgrade over Riley Sheahan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

A few misc. signings

Pitlick, solid 4th liner going to the desert in Arizona

Panthers continue rebuilding their defense adding Gudas to go with Nutivaara. Also signed high motor SC champ Verhaeghe for the 4th line.

Tampa resigns Maroon and Schenn on team friendly deals, waive Tyler Johnson to keep under the cap

Some things of interest to me here:
Gudas and Verhaeghe going to Florida.

Two good depth players AND two former Bolts players that should raise the temperature of games between TB and FLA.
For years, the media has talked about a TB-FLA rivalry.....that hasn't existed. At all. Why? Because either one team has been good while th other hasn't, or both have been terrible at the same times.

With Florida on the upswing now, the Bolts obviously Champs and look to be good for awhile, and former players ending up on the other side, that could lead to a real rivalry...only thing really missing is an actual playoff meeting.

Gudas, at at 2.5M cap hit is fantastic. I actually was hoping the Lightning would try and get him back...but they have their hands full with a cap crunch. 
Verhaeghe? Only 25 still, could see an uptick in numbers with more playing time on Florida....he was just lost in the TB shuffle at this point.

Maroon and Schenn staying on?
I like it. Money is good, the players should remain motivated (Maroon would LOVE to be able to tell people he is a back to back to back SC champ), and Schenn would like to play a bigger role throughout the season.

Tyler Johnson waived? 
This saddens me a bit, but, I understand it is either that, or trade Alex Killorn, and frankly, at this point, I prefer to have Killorn on the team over Tyler Johnson...although a trade of Killorn may STILL happen.

Wherever Johnson ends up, I wish him well (could HE end up in Florida too???), he was/is a good soldier, but I think, like Verhaeghe, he was lost in the wave of forwards the Bolts have, not to mention the ones in the minors they have knocking on the door....and his 5M cap hit just needed to be cleared.

• Like 1

Just now, JR Ewing said:

Oilers out on Markstrom, thankfully. Good goalie, but if he wants $6M, that's a pass for me.

Koskinen isnt bad. I dont believe they need a 55 start guy, more of a 50/50 split goalie and spend the saved money on defense.

16 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Talbot to the Wild on a THREE YEAR DEAL. Too long.

Not crazy about this, but face it, not expecting much from the Wild for the next two seasons or so anyways....maybe for the duration of Talbot's contract.

If he surprises and reverts back to the Talbot the Rangers had or his first year in EDM, then great, but I won't hold my breath.

Wild just need bodies now and are looking for players to cover positions while their younger players continue to develop, and in the case of Talbot, that just means keeping the seat warm for Kahkonen

10 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Oilers out on Markstrom, thankfully. Good goalie, but if he wants $6M, that's a pass for me.

I would have to agree with you, but mainly because I think Markstrom is a good goalie, not great, who played out of his mind in a contract year.

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes back to being a sometimes really good goalie, but mostly average for the Flames now that he got paid big.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I would have to agree with you, but mainly because I think Markstrom is a good goalie, not great, who played out of his mind in a contract year.

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes back to being a sometimes really good goalie, but mostly average for the Flames now that he got paid big.

Yeah pretty much done other than a bit of contract language that he is going to Calgary. He is high on my free agent bust list.

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

OMG Matt Murray just signs to stay in Ottawa at 6.25 million per. What a horrible deal.

LMAO...

I understand that different teams have difference cap situations, different chances of winning, etc, etc, etc, that can make salaries change... Even then, comparing that alabatross to Robin Lehner's 5 x $5M is hair curling.

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

OMG Matt Murray just signs to stay in Ottawa at 6.25 million per. What a horrible deal.

I know they have the cap space but coming from Dorion, not surprising at all...

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Khubodin resigns with the Stars. Kind of a surprise.

3 years at $3.5M AAV

He knows the house, feels really well there. I like the signing, I'm "grmmphhhkaaaaay" with the $$$ but I despise the duration. Hopefully Seattle takes him in the expansion draft

• Like 1