Coach

Bru

37 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Right now he is doing the important job of tanking for a draft pick. I'm sure Yzerman sees its fruitless to replace him now

Can't say I have kept up with the upcoming draft prospects besides reading somewhere that it is a weak up coming draft.

I my memory serves me the top two guys are defensemen right?

Powers and I forget the Swedish kids name Edvinsson or something like that.

Am I wrong? So not the greatest year to tank but if there isn't much to choose from I guess it's better to pick sooner than later.

Yeah fire the coach once the season is over if that is the direction which they want to go.

My fault on my previous post...I thought we were talking Flyguys. Anyway, as far as the Red Wings go, I don't see what difference it makes to hire a new coach there, unless all the more talented young guys have tuned out Blashill. They are two or three years minimal from going anywhere in the Eastern Conference...I don't know, maybe they surprise with a few major signings or trades.

Edited by FD19372

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

My fault on my previous post...I thought we were talking Flyguys. Anyway, as far as the Red Wings go, I don't see what difference it makes to hire a new coach there, unless all the more talented young guys have tuned out Blashill. They are two or three years minimal from going anywhere in the Eastern Conference...I don't know, maybe they surprise with a few major signings or trades.

I get that but Blash has done a terrible job of developing the kids into  NHLers so yeah, he has to go. I see no harm in him finishing out this season but I would love to see former Wing and Yzerman best friend Gerard Gallant get another kick at the can next season. I love his resume but i agree it doesnt matter who coaches this woebegone F troop this season. 

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, yave1964 said:

I get that but Blash has done a terrible job of developing the kids into  NHLers so yeah, he has to go. I see no harm in him finishing out this season but I would love to see former Wing and Yzerman best friend Gerard Gallant get another kick at the can next season. I love his resume but i agree it doesnt matter who coaches this woebegone F troop this season. 

We are just repeating ourselves now. Blash can be let go at any time if for no other reason than the PP has been putrid, even after changing assistant coaches. Consistently putrid. "The process" on the PP is stationary incompetence.

As to his inability to develop players, again, jury is still out on whether or not it is really his fault on that one, because you can't make a royal flush--and usually not even trips--when you're dealt 7-2. That's what he had last year. This year, might be more like 9-7, and we are playing like it. More consistency, but still not a hand that's usually gonna win. Again, jusy is still out on AA, but I expect he might be the one that does well. That's my guess.

There just haven't been many players that left the Wings that have amounted to much more than what they were when they were here unless they were dealt to a team where the talent around them significantly helped elevate their game.

• Like 1