Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Thursday 3-18-21, 8:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Their speed is killing us when we make a bad pass, overskate a puck, swing and miss on a poke check, etc.  We have a CLEAR talent gap against the Avs that we have discussed before.  They are loaded with high-end talent in front and back, while we have several lower end 'loose parts' in our line-up just trying to keep up.  We can beat them, but not if we don't play error free and devoid of maximizing the talent we have.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Yeah..At least no more injuries, Please.

Yep.  Kap has taken several to the chops lately.  Better that than knees, shoulders, or ankles.  In any case, I don't see McKinnon or McDavid taking so many face shots.  The refs need to start keeping an eye on these cheap shots, inadvertent elbows, and high sticks.  I don't recall seeing other stars take this much abuse....He is a tough kid though.  Not a soft Russian

• Like 1

I know this has been a bad game all around, but does anyone see any reason to keep Parise out of the stands?  He is UTTERLY WORTHLESS on the ice.  Never covers his man, cannot get off shots or passes, is late on the back-check, is slow and shrugged off on the forecheck, etc.  I knew there would be a fall-off in the two Boat Anchor contracts, but he stepped off the cliff and is half-way to the ground.  

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Yep.  Kap has taken several to the chops lately.  Better that than knees, shoulders, or ankles.  In any case, I don't see McKinnon or McDavid taking so many face shots.  The refs need to start keeping an eye on these cheap shots, inadvertent elbows, and high sticks.  I don't recall seeing other stars take this much abuse....He is a tough kid though.  Not a soft Russian

Yes...And hate to agree with Walz, But the crosschecking in the 'paint' has got to be watched. No reason to add 2 minutes to Greenway when he was getting chopped.
He just skooled the kid.

• Good Post 1

Imagine if this had been game one in the playoffs. We got run off of the building.

I'd still like to bitch about Greenway's 2+2. 2 minutes for roughing and 2 minutes for being Greenway, when the game is still 2 - 1. What would he have had to do to avoid the other minor? That was the final nail in the coffin and it was not nailed by the Avs but by the refs. Well, **** happens, I get that, but there was absolutely no reaction whatsoever about the bogus call. They can't run over the refs, so they would have had a perfect game at hand to show the refs that you better make the right calls or correct mistakes in following calls, or there is going to be trouble. We should have run over that Byram, played some real rough hockey, whatever to send the message. We would have lost the game anyways, but now we lost the opportunity to gain some respect from the refs as well. The Wild has no respect from the refs and I don't wonder why. You're not seen it you're invisible.