Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Thursday 3-18-21, 8:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1194049

Minnesota Wild (18-8-1)  37pts  2nd in Honda West

3.19 Goals For Per Game (11th in the NHL)

2.37 Goals Against Per Game (5th in the NHL)

8.1% Power Play (31st in the NHL)

86.2% Penalty Kill (3rd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 10G 15A = 25pts

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 5G 15A = 20pts

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 5G 14A = 19pts

4. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 11G 5A = 16pts

5. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 9G 5A = 14pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 33 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 32 PIM's

3. #28 Ian Cole ~ 16 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (12-4-0)  2.05GAA  .927%SP  2SO

2. #33 Cam Talbot (6-4-1)  2.46GAA  .916%SP  1SO

Vs.

Colorado Avalanche (17-8-2)  36pts  3rd in Honda West

3.19 Goals For Per Game (12th in the NHL)

2.37 Goals Against Per Game (6th in the NHL)

23.0% Power Play (13th in the NHL)

87.7% Penalty Kill (2nd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #96 Mikko Rantanen ~ 14G 16A = 30pts

2. #29 Nathan MacKinnon ~ 8G 17A = 25pts

3. #91 Nazem Kadri ~ 9G 15A = 24pts

4. #49 Samuel Girard ~ 5G 16A = 21pts

5. #95 Andre Burakovsky ~ 7G 12A = 19pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #27 Ryan Graves ~ 20 PIM's

2. #91 Nazem Kadri ~ 18 PIM's

3. #37 J.T. Compher ~ 15 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #31 Philipp Grubauer (16-7-0)  1.85GAA  .925%SP  4SO

2. #32 Hunter Miska (1-1-2)  4.16GAA  .838%SP

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The way things look like now, the Avs might be our first playoffs opponent.

I say bring 'em on. The Wild are virtually unbeatable whenever I wear an Avs sweater at the local watering hole. Looking forward to screaming "YAAAAAHHHH!!!" a few times there tonight.

I dunno about the rest of the folks on this board, but I have trouble avoiding the trap of getting overly giddy watching the roll we've been on lately. But after enduring years of ineptitude courtesy of the Three Stooges #9, #11 and #20, it sure is nice to find an excuse for joy and giddiness. Thank you, #97!! Now if we could only find a way to unload the two remaining stooges, a.k.a. Laurel and Hardy.

Had a strange dream last night: Kaprisov, Granlund and Zucker were on the same line for the Wild. Just when they were about to go on a PP with Spurge and Brodin, the damn alarm went off. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McMahon 6 said:

I say bring 'em on. The Wild are virtually unbeatable whenever I wear an Avs sweater at the local watering hole. Looking forward to screaming "YAAAAAHHHH!!!" a few times there tonight.

I dunno about the rest of the folks on this board, but I have trouble avoiding the trap of getting overly giddy watching the roll we've been on lately. But after enduring years of ineptitude courtesy of the Three Stooges #9, #11 and #20, it sure is nice to find an excuse for joy and giddiness. Thank you, #97!! Now if we could only find a way to unload the two remaining stooges, a.k.a. Laurel and Hardy.

Had a strange dream last night: Kaprisov, Granlund and Zucker were on the same line for the Wild. Just when they were about to go on a PP with Spurge and Brodin, the damn alarm went off. 🤬

Interesting, I was thinking recently about Granlund and Zucker and even Nino in our team too. They were noticeable players for our team which were kicked out pretty fast (in seconds) instead of other players who did not have enough energy to play faster.

For tonight game we should be  strictly avoiding penalty box. They are 13th in NHL on PP, and we are 31st on PP. That is the main difference among both teams. 

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

For tonight game we should be  strictly avoiding penalty box. They are 13th in NHL on PP, and we are 31st on PP. That is the main difference among both teams. 

Strictly? You can look it from this angle too: when a Wild player is in the box, you don't get to see that stinking horrible PP conducted by Suter. A true blessing in the sky!

4 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Strictly? You can look it from this angle too: when a Wild player is in the box, you don't get to see that stinking horrible PP conducted by Suter. A true blessing in the sky!

I agree. Probably, the coaching staff having a different angle of view where to place Suter and where do not. I am thinking he should be not placed in both 1st lines PK and PP.

Can Talbot is going to be a starting goalie tonight.

34 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I agree. Probably, the coaching staff having a different angle of view where to place Suter and where do not. I am thinking he should be not placed in both 1st lines PK and PP.

Can Talbot is going to be a starting goalie tonight.

Fully agree, Keep him on the PK1 for his ego, But for the sake of the team and it's Not Working PP1, Make a change and stick to it for a while.

21 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Fully agree, Keep him on the PK1 for his ego, But for the sake of the team and it's Not Working PP1, Make a change and stick to it for a while.

He is decent on PK1 only because he cannot move (e.g. pylon).  He has NO MEANINGFUL skills to be on PP.  He cannot pass well, he shoots like my great-aunt, he has ZERO offensive hockey IQ, and he is selfish and greedy with the puck

7 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

LOL I said the same thing I was like oh goodie we got Walz again

Walz is like that professor you felt like gauging your eyes out while listening to.  He is a master of the obvious, and loves to talk about 'when I played'

• Like 1

With Islanders Captain, Anders Lee, out for the season, they need a new wing/forward....BG should get on the horn and offer to pay 90% of the contract to offlad the Man Baby.  I would rather have ANYONE take the TOI from 11 - he offers NOTHING to this team = he is a net negative asset.  We also need his spot for expansion draft