Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Saturday 3-20-21, 2:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

3 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Ughhh. Some numbers there...

AND, McKinnon and Landeskog make less than Suter and Parise (and have for the last 3 years)...How about them $'s well spent Mr. Leipold?  Talk about going 'all in' on two stiffs all those years ago...

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 2

If we want to see more skill on the Wild, our Draft this year with two first rounder's had better not have any whiffs.  We also need to get the kids ice (Boldy, Rossi, etc) and quit signing old retreads like Johansson, Bonnino, Bjug, etc.  The Avs bit the bullet a few years ago and played kids and drafted high - which is the best recipe to have a highly skilled team that challenges for the Cup in the future.  If we had not lucked out with Kap/Kak - where would this team be skill-wise going forward?!?  It would be a dismal future.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Fire the stats guys already. SOG Avs 9 - Wild 2. Really?

And somehow they managed to conclude the shots were 12 - 10 for the Avs. Definitely doesn't reflect what I saw on the ice. More like 18-8.

10 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Hey all looks like I haven't missed much.

Nope. I’ve spent stretches of this period watching this channel on YouTube by this Polish guy who has a business that cleans rugs. It’s very satisfying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

In times like these leadership would be needed. 11 and 20, the Batphone is ringing.

LEADERSHIP!??  From these two!?!  They were the kids that ratted to the teacher on you in school to cover up for their own misdeeds, or told the coach you missed your man there to shield their own oversight of that player.  These two have as much in terms of leadership qualities as Biden plagiarizing his grades and speeches, and giving himself two more degrees...My bad..Taboo topic

3 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

So earlier today, I picked up our weekly grocery order that I placed online. Turns out it was our 100th order so they gave us flowers and a cake as a thank you. Yay, free cake. 

Local store or some place like an Aldis?

So far it looks like 'Ugh' only showed up and 'Lee' took the day off.
At least the new kid delivered a clean hit to disrupt a play. The rest are just chasing their man around the rink.

Edited by ClusterChuck

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

LEADERSHIP!??  From these two!?!  They were the kids that ratted to the teacher on you in school to cover up for their own misdeeds, or told the coach you missed your man there to shield their own oversight of that player.  These two have as much in terms of leadership qualities as Biden plagiarizing his grades and speeches, and giving himself two more degrees...My bad..Taboo topic

Don't worry. I'm not really expecting anything out of them 😂

9 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

And somehow they managed to conclude the shots were 12 - 10 for the Avs. Definitely doesn't reflect what I saw on the ice. More like 18-8.

Stats guy 'picked the wrong day to START sniffing glue.''

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

Stats lie. We were not even close in the first period.

Stats DO lie.  Yet, my eyes saw a 3:1 advantage for Avs in shots.  Also, the old 'quality of shots' comes into play here, as does the 'open look' shots.  Walz blathering on about how Dean should be happy with a better first period than last game....What a homer.  Is he watching what I am?