This and that, Marchand in covid protocal, Canes want to trade a goalie

yave1964

Carolina is facing a tough dilemma with Mrazek due back any day, Reimer and Nedeljkovic have been more than capable in net and when you have three goalies you have one too many. The Canes are shopping one to free up cap space to go for a hard hitting bottom four defenseman. Two rumors that I read were Reimer or Mrazek to the Avalanche and Savard being their defenseman of choice as soon as Columbus determines they are out of it.

Speaking of Columbus for a minute, whispers are that with Columbus falling out of the race there is a very real chance that Laine will be quietly shopped. No idea how true they are but Columbus seems to have a leak in the front office somewhere because more than once a future CBJ move was mentioned a week or two before it actually happened. 

Marchand is in covid protocol. No idea if he has it or has just been around someone, no idea how long he will be out. This is not a good year for Boston health wise, the team is starting to show its age and will have to claw to make the playoffs.  Rask is beat up, they have had more adversity this season than most years past.

One last thing about Marchand, reading about his Covid exposure, I was kind of shocked to see he has been in the NHL for twelve years already. It just doesnt seem possible does it? Bergeron, seventeen years. Krejci, another fifteen. Rask? fourteen. Halak? fifteen more. Lots of hard miles on the key cogs for a Bruins team that is starting to show its age.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

there is a very real chance that Laine will be quietly shopped.

I read somewhere last week Laine would really like to be in L.A. it never said why or where this came so not even sure there is truth to it.

But I guess L.A. could always use a super star.

Worth exploring...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I read somewhere last week Laine would really like to be in L.A. it never said why or where this came so not even sure there is truth to it.

But I guess L.A. could always use a super star.

Worth exploring...

Fck LA.

Come to the sharks

13 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

I’ve seen talk in the press that perhaps the Capitals would like a goalie more experienced than either Samsonov (age 24) or Vanecek (age 25).  🤔 

i saw Friedman say that on nhl tonight i just don't see it

Caps young goalies are having an outstanding season I wouldn't mess with the chemistry

• Like 1