Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Wednesday 4-7-21, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

I'm glad Minnesota is following the blueprint needed to beat a team like Colorado.

As good as the Avs are, I believe they are overhyped (Cup contenders? Not quite yet cowboys....), and though they seem to overmatch Minnesota on paper, if the Wild can capitalize on scoring chances like PP's (they are), and hit the Avs players every chance they get (they are), it exposes their composure and makes Grubauer work harder than he normally would when MacKinnon and company are dominating in the offensive zone.

Lots of game to go still, I get it, but I like how Minnesota is approaching this.
Only time the Wild have really gotten in trouble is when they stop hitting and start watching Mac's line skate around.

And Kirill is as advertised....and guess what? The guy really is the complete package.
When he isn't scoring, he is doing blue collar work too!

WTG Wild...keep it up, and make sure the Avs know they STILL have work to do to be REAL contenders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm glad Minnesota is following the blueprint needed to beat a team like Colorado.

As good as the Avs are, I believe they are overhyped (Cup contenders? Not quite yet cowboys....), and though they seem to overmatch Minnesota on paper, if the Wild can capitalize on scoring chances like PP's (they are), and hit the Avs players every chance they get (they are), it exposes their composure and makes Grubauer work harder than he normally would when MacKinnon and company are dominating in the offensive zone.

Lots of game to go still, I get it, but I like how Minnesota is approaching this.
Only time the Wild have really gotten in trouble is when they stop hitting and start watching Mac's line skate around.

And Kirill is as advertised....and guess what? The guy really is the complete package.

WTG Wild...keep it up, and make sure the Avs know they STILL have work to do to be REAL contenders.

Hey....The smoke appeared unexpectedly.  Literally materialized out of the vast emptiness.  I had better mind my Ps and Qs...

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Good post. On how many posts per day I could react?  It seems I am limited for today already. And we still have a 3rd period ahead.

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

damn I can't react to anymore posts tonight.

I have been in the same Penalty Box the past two games.  Apparently, charity and good humor among board members has its limits.  Perhaps we should inquire of the FruitGirl why we are 'put in the corner' for excessive good cheer?