Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Wednesday 4-7-21, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1199861

Minnesota Wild (23-12-2)  48pts  3rd in Honda West

2.89 Goals For Per Game (15th in the NHL)

2.51 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

12% Power Play (30th in the NHL)

85.7% Penalty Kill (3rd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 14G 17A = 31pts

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 5G 18A  = 23pts

3. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 11G 10A = 21pts

4. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 12G 7A = 19pts

5. #25 Jonas Brodin ~ 5G 11A = 16pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #21 Carson Soucy ~ 41 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 40 PIM's

3. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 35 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (12-6-0)  2.34GAA  .920%SP  2SO

2. #33 Cam Talbot (11-6-2)  2.41GAA  .924%SP  2SO

Vs.

Colorado Avalanche (25-8-4)  54pts  1st in Honda West

3.61 Goals For Per Game (1st in the NHL)

2.26 Goals Against Per Game (2nd in the NHL)

23.6% Power Play (10th in the NHL)

86.1% Penalty Kill (2nd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #29 Nathan MacKinnon ~ 14G 31A = 45pts

2. #96 Mikko Rantanen ~ 21G 23A = 44pts

3. #92 Gabriel Landeskog ~ 15G 22A = 37pts

4. #49 Samuel Girard ~ 5G 25A = 30pts

5. #72 Joonas Donskoi ~ 15G 13A = 28pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #91 Nazem Kadri ~ 28 PIM's

2. #27 Ryan Graves ~ 26 PIM's

3. #29 Nathan MacKinnon ~ 24 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #31 Philipp Grubauer (24-7-1)  1.83GAA  .926%SP  5SO

2. #35 Joonas Johansson (1-0-1)  2.89GAA  .898%SP

• Like 2

Going to miss this one tonight. I’ll be at the rink playing tonight. Last month of puck for the year 

We all know how good the Avs are. For some reason I think the Wild find a way to win tonight. It’s time to make a statement damnit 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Going to miss this one tonight. I’ll be at the rink playing tonight. Last month of puck for the year 

We all know how good the Avs are. For some reason I think the Wild find a way to win tonight. It’s time to make a statement damnit 

Hope your prediction will be able to hear our entire team. Like Kaprizov said during Gagarin Cup finals - team first mentality for every player. Individual play is not helping a lot when the other players are not helping too. 

• Like 1

Sturm out, Parise in. Are they shopping Parise, or is any accountability a question of the past? If they are shopping, I pray for Parise getting a goal. For some reason I'm not too hopeful on a win here, although I'm pretty sure the Avs are not at their best today. We've been too easy for them to play against us. They won't be taking us seriously, knowing they start scoring, if they just step on the gas. It's a classic trap for them. But still I have trouble in keeping the faith here. The Wild, please help us, show a sign for fans like me, weak in faith, and win this one! At least give MacKinnon a face rub.

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Sturm out, Parise in. Are they shopping Parise, or is any accountability a question of the past? If they are shopping, I pray for Parise getting a goal. For some reason I'm not too hopeful on a win here, although I'm pretty sure the Avs are not at their best today. We've been too easy for them to play against us. They won't be taking us seriously, knowing they start scoring, if they just step on the gas. It's a classic trap for them. But still I have trouble in keeping the faith here. The Wild, please help us, show a sign for fans like me, weak in faith, and win this one! At least give MacKinnon a face rub.

I was thinking last game they happened to look up and see the VGK score and decided to pick it up for the 2nd period. :P
While some teams have to "Weather the storm" by a team like the Wild at home with a crowd, The Av's seemed to just say "Let's see what they got tonight"

Hopefully tonight isn't about payback for Bjugstad. That was embarrassing by itself. We don't need to fall into that trap. 
Frustrate, Annoy, Out hustle...score a lot...anything to show we're an actual threat.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I was thinking last game they happened to look up and see the VGK score and decided to pick it up for the 2nd period. :P
While some teams have to "Weather the storm" by a team like the Wild at home with a crowd, The Av's seemed to just say "Let's see what they got tonight"

Hopefully tonight isn't about payback for Bjugstad. That was embarrassing by itself. We don't need to fall into that trap. 
Frustrate, Annoy, Out hustle...score a lot...anything to show we're an actual threat.

Yes, it should be a not payback for Bjugstad, but a revenge for the last 3 losses from that team which , probably, we are going to meet during playoffs also. Avalanche supposed to understand that our team is not a simple nut. I am already thinking, that Avalanche is guessing they do not have a competitive opponent in our division to withstand them. Let's Wild to break that guess!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I feel the barf coming up in my throat.  I would take Sturm, his effort, his ability as a C, and his 'puck luck' over the Garden Gnome with an $7MM+ salary ANY FRICKEN DAY.  Not a good trade-off, particularly in the speed and grit department.  I hope Man Baby gets as little TOI as possible (though I would love to see him moved for a Snickers). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

OccamsRazor sadly but clearly explained at the thread "top trade bite who winds up where" what we are going to have with Parise's deal. Better , probably, do not think about him and let him play as best as he can. If he will be able to place 15-20 goals for the team per season, then I will be OK with that.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

OccamsRazor sadly but clearly explained at the thread "top trade bite who winds up where" what we are going to have with Parise's deal. Better , probably, do not think about him and let him play as best as he can. If he will be able to place 15-20 goals for the team per season, then I will be OK with that.

He is on pace for NINE GOALS at almost $8MM, and spiraling into the abyss with each game.  I would like to see him wrench his back (nothing debilitating, just enough to retire for health) and go on LTIR.  This would be the only positive conclusion to the Parise contract...

Just now, bbgarnett said:

what did you have?

The General Tso’s chicken from Aldis, jasmine rice, and steamed broccoli. Also, I highly suggest getting an electric rice cooker, and the Zojirushi brand if you can swing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNSOTA said:

The General Tso’s chicken from Aldis, jasmine rice, and steamed broccoli. Also, I highly suggest getting an electric rice cooker, and the Zojirushi brand if you can swing it. 

For myself, I swallowed some acid reflux bile when I found out Sturm was out and replaced by some scrub, and my burrito began to work its way NORTH