Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues, Friday 4-10-21, 7:00pm, Enterprise Center

No acceptable game at all. It was no defense, no physical play. We should play same way as we did against Colorado team. It is a former 2019 Stanley Cup winner team , which has a lot of potential. Probably , Blues were thinking that they will get easy a playoffs spot, but as soon as Coyotes started to play better  and to pretend for a 4th playoffs spot then Blues woke up. They beat Vegas last game and tonight they were able easy to beat us with an embarrassing score. Wow. A half of Muscat bottle is gone just to forget about this game. At least Iowa Wild team won tonight with a score 4:1 against Chicago Wolves team. The game just finished.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

No acceptable game at all. It was no defense, no physical play. We should play same way as we did against Colorado team. It is a former 2019 Stanley Cup winner team , which has a lot of potential. Probably , Blues were thinking that they will get easy a playoffs spot, but as soon as Coyotes started to play better  and to pretend for a 4th playoffs spot then Blues woke up. They beat Vegas last game and tonight they were able easy to beat us with an embarrassing score. Wow. A half of Muscat bottle is gone just to forget about this game. At least Iowa Wild team won tonight with a score 4:1 against Chicago Wolves team. The game just finished.

Just need to split the reamining 6 games vs the Blues. 
Not going to be easy at all. Don't want to get to the point where we're desperate. It's in our hands. 

• Like 1

Anyway that game was a game of nothing in goaltending, in defense as well as in offense. Wasted my time in entire 3 hours - 7-10 p.m. Do we have any consistency to play competitive every game like Carolina; Tampa ;Toronto and Washington teams do? I just do not want to see this type of games in such a short season and ever. It is not a professional highly paid hockey. 

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Just need to split the remaining 6 games vs the Blues. 
Not going to be easy at all. Don't want to get to the point where we're desperate. It's in our hands. 

Yes, completely agree, it is in our hands. We are capable for doing that.

Well. I watched the Bally Sports Blues version just to hear what the Blues' commentators talked about. Darren Pang is a former goalie himself for the Hawks. They told the Blues were shooting at Kähkönen's high blocker side. Reilly practiced it before the game. As we can all see, stickside high is porous. This is probably the reason Evason hasn't gone for the 1A / 1B goalie rotation.

Now we have a real problem at hand. Does Kähkönen have the mental "battle level", as Pang said, to survive the thrashings? Even if he does, how easy is it to correct the high blocker side problem? I'd guess that would be hugely difficult. One can only be good there by positioning oneself correctly, right? It's not about athleticism. It's what you have learned in thousands of games played all through life? If it like that, it must be automatic for him. He can only correct it by keeping thinking about it until it becomes a new routine. And if he thinks about it, he's not concentrating on the game, but on correcting the positioning.

For Kähkönen's sake, we should send him back to Iowa. But for the Wild's sake we need to know should we protect him for the Kraken expansion. We need to see if there is any hope for him. Is he mentally a Kuemper? Can he free himself from the high blocker problem? Can he learn to read the play so that he is positionally sound when the Blues get behind the goal line and pass in front of the goal for a one timer? He can't "shoulder-check" and be there in time, as Pang said. He needs to guess who the potential goal scorer is going to be and be ready for that one-timer. Is he smart enough to read the play in advance?

We need to take risks in the expansion. We are going to lose a player. I'd say after this game that I would not be too worried about losing either Kähkönen or Dumba. Kähkönen's development is iffy, I'd say, and even in the regular season games Dumba still makes those errors that cost goals against. If we lose Dumba, we'll free quite a lot of cap space. I wouldn't protect Kähkönen either. The Kraken have a lot of goalie prospects to consider. If they take Kähkönen, so be it. I don't believe they would risk it, and if they do, well, we won't lose another player. We'll have to start paying a lot more interest on the development of Hunter Jones and Filip Lindberg.

And for Chrissakes, defend! "Dumba made a mistake", "Dumba lost coverage", "Hartman, then Fiala" don't get the puck in, "Kaprizov can't find his man", all from the Blues' commentators and then "The 36 year old Parise has been their best player so far"...

****!

Evason is a complete moron.

First, he lets Kahkonen to play once a week. (mistake)

Then, he lefts him hung out to dry when the team in front of him sucks. (mistake)

Any better way to kill your top prospect's game fit and confidence? And just little over a month ago he was on his way to break all kinds of records.

Incompetent coaching.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Evason is a complete moron.

First, he lets Kahkonen to play once a week. (mistake)

Then, he lefts him hung out to dry when the team in front of him sucks. (mistake)

Any better way to kill your top prospect's game fit and confidence? And just little over a month ago he was on his way to break all kinds of records.

Incompetent coaching.

100% agree. It was a horrible and cruel coach mistake. It should not be that way to build the confidence for the goalie and for the team as well. Evason only once replaced goalie during the game this season when Talbot was injured, but we had already few embarrassing games this year. He should learn from other teams how it should be done otherwise he will be fired by the end of the season. Even Boudreau did not do that way.

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Well. I watched the Bally Sports Blues version just to hear what the Blues' commentators talked about. Darren Pang is a former goalie himself for the Hawks. They told the Blues were shooting at Kähkönen's high blocker side. Reilly practiced it before the game. As we can all see, stickside high is porous. This is probably the reason Evason hasn't gone for the 1A / 1B goalie rotation.

Now we have a real problem at hand. Does Kähkönen have the mental "battle level", as Pang said, to survive the thrashings? Even if he does, how easy is it to correct the high blocker side problem? I'd guess that would be hugely difficult. One can only be good there by positioning oneself correctly, right? It's not about athleticism. It's what you have learned in thousands of games played all through life? If it like that, it must be automatic for him. He can only correct it by keeping thinking about it until it becomes a new routine. And if he thinks about it, he's not concentrating on the game, but on correcting the positioning.

For Kähkönen's sake, we should send him back to Iowa. But for the Wild's sake we need to know should we protect him for the Kraken expansion. We need to see if there is any hope for him. Is he mentally a Kuemper? Can he free himself from the high blocker problem? Can he learn to read the play so that he is positionally sound when the Blues get behind the goal line and pass in front of the goal for a one timer? He can't "shoulder-check" and be there in time, as Pang said. He needs to guess who the potential goal scorer is going to be and be ready for that one-timer. Is he smart enough to read the play in advance?

We need to take risks in the expansion. We are going to lose a player. I'd say after this game that I would not be too worried about losing either Kähkönen or Dumba. Kähkönen's development is iffy, I'd say, and even in the regular season games Dumba still makes those errors that cost goals against. If we lose Dumba, we'll free quite a lot of cap space. I wouldn't protect Kähkönen either. The Kraken have a lot of goalie prospects to consider. If they take Kähkönen, so be it. I don't believe they would risk it, and if they do, well, we won't lose another player. We'll have to start paying a lot more interest on the development of Hunter Jones and Filip Lindberg.

And for Chrissakes, defend! "Dumba made a mistake", "Dumba lost coverage", "Hartman, then Fiala" don't get the puck in, "Kaprizov can't find his man", all from the Blues' commentators and then "The 36 year old Parise has been their best player so far"...

****!

I still have a lot of trust to the talented goalie youngster. Impossible to be bad when he had such a good records in AHL and in NHL before. It was not his game last night. Hope coach did not say any bad words to him during the game. Kahkonen should be replaced even during the 1st period after 3 goals in his net and maybe the team at least be able to play competitive after his replacement. But nothing happened at all except of fans madness.

I just looked at Michael Russo twit. His words and others on his twit absolutely right. Evason fed a sacrificed lamb rookie Kahkonen to wolves. Not many coaches did this way to destroy the confidence of the goalie in NHL history. And we never lost in our history with that score too, if I remember. That mistake is on coach 100%.