Wild vs. Ducks 5/7/21 @ 7:00PM CST at the 'X'

Wild vs. Ducks 5/7/21 Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (33-14-5)  71pts  3rd in Honda West

3.25 Goals For Per Game (9th in the NHL)

2.73 Goals Against Per Game (10th in the NHL)

18.3% Power Play (22nd in the NHL)

81.9% Penalty Kill (10th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 26G 21A = 47pts

2. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 20G 19A = 39pts

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 11G 21A = 32pts

4. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 6G 25A = 31pts

5. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 18G 10A = 28pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #21 Carson Soucy ~ 51 PIM’s

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 49 PIM’s

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 49 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (18-7-5)  2.58GAA  .918%SP  2SO

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (15-7-0)  2.69GAA  .909%SP  2SO

Vs.

Anaheim Ducks (17-30-7)  41pts  8th in Honda West

2.19 Goals For Per Game (30th in the NHL)

3.13 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

9.1% Power Play (31st in the NHL)

79.6% Penalty Kill (17th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #53 Max Comtois ~ 14G 16A = 30pts

2. #67 Rickard Rakell ~ 8G 18A = 26pts

3. #4 Cam Fowler ~ 5G 18A = 23pts

4. #14 Adam Henrique ~ 11G 8A = 19pts

5. #61 Troy Terry ~ 7G 12A = 19pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #20 Nick Deslauriers ~ 53 PIM’s

2. #15 Ryan Getzlaf ~ 41 PIM’s

3. #53 Max Comtois ~ 40 PIM’s

Top Goaltender(s):

1. #36 John Gibson (9-19-6)  2.95GAA  .904%SP  3SO

2. #30 Ryan Miller (4-8-1)  3.49GAA  .885%SP

3. #41 Anthony Stolarz (4-3-0)  2.20GAA  .926%SP  1SO

I wrote up the game preview today, @MNSOTAwill have a post-gamer for Saturday's tilt.  Its all about jockeying for position in the playoffs.  The Honda West's top 3 are within about 3 points of one another.  The Ducks won in a shootout over the Blues on Wednesday, proving their not just rolling over for anyone.  Enjoy and discuss...

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
  • Like 1

I had a good laugh reading the pre-gamer! The suspension or not flowchart and the real value of the 5000$ fine calculation are hilarious, in a really dark black humour way. Much appreciated!

Now that we didn't have Fiala on ice, I found myself thinking that we're much less of a threat without him. But when he is playing, I often find myself watching him turning the puck over, and thinking if we would be better off trading him. Hard to decide what to make of him, but right now I still feel we really need him after all. The speed alone makes him a necessity. His skating affects the opponent, our players, maybe even the tempo of the whole game. He hustles. We need that more than we need anything else. He wants to win and uses tremendous amount of energy for the purpose. In that sense he's very similar to Kaprizov.

• Like 1

I am thinking already ,if Fiala on ice it would be nice to try him with our other 2 speedy players - Sturm and Johansson.

And regarding our game tonight and the next remaining 3 games of the regular season, I will hope only for the win. Both teams Ducks and Blues are not simple teams to play against. As more points we will have against them as more strong we will feel in entering playoffs time. In previous years we had tendency to play with less efforts at the end of the season when we knew that we have got a playoffs spot. I do not think it is a good idea for playoffs mental and physical preparation against a much stronger animal. 

Great Flow chart..😅
Lousy way to finish the season with 2 back to backs. Neither series will have fresh players for each game.
Oh well, Tis the season...
2 very winnable games but with that said I predict a split in both the Ducks and Blues series. The Wild are the only one's playing for something as the Blues pretty much have 4th locked up.

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

That’s his 10th. Had no idea he’s had that many 

No Kidding. 
Sturm moving to Center, Ek having his best year yet there too...Do we really need the infamous "True 1C" ?
We have a potential superstar in Kaprisov and the always dangerous Fiala. So how many teams with that Star 1C have these kind of supporting players?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

No Kidding. 
Sturm moving to Center, Ek having his best year yet there too...Do we really need the infamous "True 1C" ?
We have a potential superstar in Kaprisov and the always dangerous Fiala. So how many teams with that Star 1C have these kind of supporting players?

Zero.🤣

Does Gorg have a NMC too?
These player interviews are pointless with his questions and the 'NHL Approved' answers. Same thing every time.
Let's see more like Carter's interview with Backus !! 
Man, Looking back on that Blues club with guys like Backus, Oshie and Petrangelo 😮

• Like 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Does Gorg have a NMC too?
These player interviews are pointless with his questions and the 'NHL Approved' answers. Same thing every time.
Let's see more like Carter's interview with Backus !! 
Man, Looking back on that Blues club with guys like Backus, Oshie and Petrangelo 😮

I’ve always been a Backus fan. He played at Mankato St and watched him play against UND several times. Always gave the Sioux troubles. Played hard and physical