Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: St. Louis Blues vs Colorado Avalanche (COL Wins 4-0)

Who Takes It?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes It?

• Blues Beat'em Up in 4
    • Blues Load Up on the Avs in 5
    • Blues Are Boss in 6
    • Blues Win Entertaining Series in 7
    • Avalanche Crush Blues in 4
    • Avalanche Give Blues Cold Shoulder in 5
    • Avalanche Stutter, But Still Win in 6
    • Avalanche on a Mission, Win in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Both goalies, especially Jordan Binnington, putting on a show in this one.

As of this posting, game is tied at 1 heading into the 3rd, but the Avs have outshot the Blues by more than a 2-1 margin.

Blues tried playing 'run n gun' with the Avs, failed, but have their goalie to thank for bailing them out.
When the Avs were contained on their side of the ice or stood up in the neutral zone, St. Louis fared much better.

Some killer hits rounded out the action for the first two periods.

If the Avs win, they'll be quite bruised 🤕 I'm liking the intensity in the game. The Wild might have a chance with against them if MacKinnon and Makar are not able to skate at full speed 😎

Only two things matters to me: Screw this dickhead of Binnington, and if the Avalanche are about to go 'till the end I wish they wear their Retro-Reverse jersey.

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: St. Louis Blues vs Colorado Avalanche (COL Leads 1-0)
8 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

1st game- Colorado ( 4) : St.Louis (1). All 4 Avs goals came out of 3 Calder Trophy winners: Makar (2020); MacKinnon(2014); Landeskog (2012).

Their 1st line was not to be stopped.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: St. Louis Blues vs Colorado Avalanche (COL Leads 2-0)
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

2 games at least. Very dumb hit.

I hate to see anyone get the boot during the post season, but he's a known head hunter and this is worthy at least 2-3, cause one just is not enough.

During the regular season I'd say 2. But for the playoffs the refs have clearly switched to a different rule book and Kadri's hit is of course dirty, but not 3 suspended games off from where the line is drawn now.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 12:45 PM, lynxrattle said:

During the regular season I'd say 2. But for the playoffs the refs have clearly switched to a different rule book and Kadri's hit is of course dirty, but not 3 suspended games off from where the line is drawn now.

Yeah not 3.

Colorado Avalanche center Nazem Kadri has been suspended eight games for an illegal check!!!!

• Uggh... 1

Blues have been underwhelming to say the least.

Kudos to those who saw that before this series began, but I thought St. Louis would have a bit more than they've shown.
I've always been critical of Philip Grubauer as far as being a legit number one in this league, but he is slowly making me a believer.

Still only Round 1, and it technically isn't over yet, but the Avs so far are playing up to their considerable hype.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: St. Louis Blues vs Colorado Avalanche (COL Leads 3-0)

Welp....so much for the "Blues being Boss in 5" (my pre-series prediction).
Avalanche break out the brooms and make St. Louis the first playoff team to go register for some golfing this postseason.

It's looking like the likely opponent for the Avs will be the Golden Knights who are up 3-1 in their series vs the Wild, but we will see how much longer Minnesota can stall them.

At any rate, congrats to the Colorado Avalanche....so far the President's Trophy Curse doesn't look like it's affecting them.
They move on in their quest for their first Cup in about 20 years.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: St. Louis Blues vs Colorado Avalanche (COL Wins 4-0)