No-brainer

Brett

It’s far-fetched, but if the Flyers are gifted with good luck in the draft lottery, if he’s there, they should grab D Owen Power, University of Michigan. While it’s true that they could use a high-end scoring forward, this kid is the next Victor Hedman, a defenseman who will at long last be that franchise guy to build their defense around, and be in the Norris Trophy conversation for years to come. 

34 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I thought that was supposed to be Provorov 🤔

That must mean that this Power kid is tall.

Hedman is the tall guy benchmark

Keith is the regular sized guy benchmark. (Provorov was likened to Keith by some people)

He's got a cool name at least. Probably fun to say "Power blast from the point !" 

Edited by mojo1917

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That must mean that this Power kid is tall.

Hedman is the tall guy benchmark

Keith is the regular sized guy benchmark. (Provorov was likened to Keith by some people)

He's got a cool name at least. Probably fun to say "Power blast from the point !" 

When did Provorov become suck?

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

I thought that was supposed to be Provorov 🤔

He played a lot with Cam York last year but he won't be on the board when the Flyers pick.

He is going to more than likely be the 1st or 2nd pick. So you have to move up and get him and then ultimately since he will be in college he doesn't even have to sign with the Flyers.

And this kid will need years to pack on some size 6-5 and not even 200 pounds yet.

But he isn't going to be physical if folks want him for that reason....think soft like Sanheim maybe a smidge more willing to use his size than Travis.

I do think him and York had some good chemistry...but i will say i haven't kept up with the scouting for the draft like i have in years past but i don't think the Flyers will have a shot at him unless they move up.

So would you want to move up and then the kid not even want to sign with the Flyers what if he left to sign with the Red Wings and the Flyers are left with nothing since some many people around here are so chicken sh it about giving up something for another prospect this surely would piss many off.

It would me.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I go Lucius Malfoy if McTavish is gone.

But the premise of this is if we win the lottery or get second pick.  I go either of Eklund or Power, probably Power being my first choice.   I don't think just because he's drafted that high that Power has to go direct to the NHL.  Man, some day he'd be nice with Cam York.

Eklund probably ends up slotting to LW in the NHL, so Berniers might be my fall back.  But from what I've seen and read, I think I like the kid (Eklund).   If we're going to draft that high, I really wish there was a clear top C, but there really isn't.    I think Lucius and McTavish are a stretch this high, so I might even be willing to trade back to late oughts, (7, 8 or 9) and take one of them and call it a day.

Edited by ruxpin

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

i will say i haven't kept up with the scouting for the draft like i have in years past

Same.  I used to really get into it (recently, anyway). Now I'm kind of annoyed by it.   I think I'm annoyed that the draft is the "highlight" of the season again!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

SHOCKER!:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

So you'd be happy to use resources to move up select this kid and then in two years he spurns the Flyers and say just signs with someone like the Wings or Rangers and the Flyers are left with nothing but holding their dicks?

Asking for a friend.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

So you'd be happy to use resources to move up select this kid and then in two he spurns the Flyers and say just signs with someone like the Wings or Rangers and the Flyers are left with nothing but holding their dicks?

Asking for a friend.

not at all. i agree with you

i'm just trying to bug you

it was funny in my head

Edited by CoachX

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

SHOCKER! :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

LOL

I suppose I should clarify, too.   I'm not annoyed by the talk about it.    Researching with much depth annoys me this year, but again, I think it's just frustration that we have this to focus on rather than the last and next playoff game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i'm just trying to bug you

You bug me cuz I'm on vacation today.

Off for the next 12 days.

IDGAF!!!

I have stocked up on bourbon and am prepared for the Lake come Saturday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Do you think this Power kid likes jetskis?

Not sure but my lap top is taking a sh it on me today and this motherf**kernel doesn't know today is not the f**king day for this sh it....I will throw this motherf**ker in the trash and go buy another one.

Just give me a reason.

I am having to post on my phone.

I will try to reboot this one more time.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure but my lap top is taking a sh it on me today and this motherf**kernel doesn't know today is not the f**king day for this sh it....I will throw this motherf**ker in the trash and go buy another one.

Just give me a reason.

I am having to post on my phone.

I will try to reboot this one more time.

is it a Flyer laptop. that would explain it

• Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I said. F**k I told you I don't play just ordered me a new Lenovo it will be here tomorrow.

Nice job. Can we call you "Chuckles"?