Playoff Preview, Game 7: Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Friday 5-28-21, 8:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I hate to be THAT GUY, but between the Boarding on Brodin, the check from behind against Suter into the Goal Post, and the high stick (drawing blood on Bjug that did not draw a penalty), we have been denied multiple Major penalties that could change the complexion of this game completely.  Reminds me of Saints/Vikings with Favre.  The League Office should be FU@KIN embarrassed at this BS in the playoffs year after year (Staal taking an axe to the head a few years ago ring a bell)?  I am SO tired of this BS from the refs, hiding behind 'its the PLAYOFFS,' as if that changes the rule book 😡

The league will continue to bend over backwards for Vegas. I’m just waiting for years down the road, and  someone releases the expansion contract for Vegas. I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t some playoff guarantee written into it. 

Edited by MNSOTA

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I hate to be THAT GUY, but between the Boarding on Brodin, the check from behind against Suter into the Goal Post, and the high stick (drawing blood on Bjug that did not draw a penalty), we have been denied multiple Major penalties that could change the complexion of this game completely.  Reminds me of Saints/Vikings with Favre.  The League Office should be FU@KIN embarrassed at this BS in the playoffs year after year (Staal taking an axe to the head a few years ago ring a bell)?  I am SO tired of this BS from the refs, hiding behind 'its the PLAYOFFS,' as if that changes the rule book 😡

I don’t like being that guy either but this has just gotten ridiculous 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If the Lightning could afford the cap hit, I'd love to see Dumba traded over to them.
I think Dumba just doesn't fit as well into Minnesota's defensive structure. He IS reckless, yet still very skilled.

On a team like TB, there are more than a few options for a partner for him to cover his deficiencies, while allowing him to go crazy offensively.

That's just it. Matt had good offensive season (not even full) and everybody went ga-ga about him. I even bought in after that and have been pi$$ed at myself for going against my gut. He's not the next Burns. As for a defenseman, He lacks way too many skills.

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

That's just it. Matt had good offensive season (not even full) and everybody went ga-ga about him. I even bought in after that and have been pi$$ed at myself for going against my gut. He's not the next Burns. As for a defenseman, He lacks way too many skills.

Me too. There's glimpses of that open ice offensive juggernaut, but then there's those defensive lapses, and not enough of the better play to make it up.

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

I think Suter may have ruined Dumba. 

Come to think of it, Dumba is a very unique player. He would have had to be mentored by a very special defenseman. Someone with almost wreckless offensiveness, but enough of defensive skills.

• Like 1

15 minutes of Major penalties (-2 for the one minor) or 3 double-minors sure would have changed this game, as VGK would have been on their heels, even if our PowerLess Play did not capitalize.  There is just NO WAY to excuse this Horse$hit officiating - it HAS impacted the outcome of this game in a W/L kind of way.

2 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

With Brodin out it seems pretty bleak for us. Let's hope for a lucky bounce at the start of the third. Then it's a one goal game and anything can happen.

They find a way to pull this off it will be one for the ages 

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I know he clearly didn't want to babysit him but how so? I'm curious now.😁

We had a lot of young players during the height of the Country Club Days. A certain three players really made it difficult for those young players to develop and find their place. And remember Tuch was part of that youth movement. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

Cross checking isn’t called anymore apparently 

Just like they don’t know what goaltender interference is anymore, the same can be said for cross checking.