2021-22 HF.net Fantasy Hockey Pre-Season Discussion

pilldoc

If you participated in the HF.net FHL "LAST" year, do you plan on participating this year.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you participated in the HF.net FHL "LAST" year, do you plan on participating this year.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. If you have "NEVER PARTICIPATED" in the HF.net FHL, would you like to join this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure / Would like more info.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, pilldoc said:

NOTE:

For HF.net All Star League.

Tentative Draft Date is Sunday Oct. 3rd at 7 pm EST.

Please let me know ASAP if this date does not work.

Hoping I can make this one as I am busy as hell at work lol.

I think I can do it

satisfied. hate drafting first because all the netminders are gone by the time it gets back but shester..ullmark...smith is good. flat out stole aho at 25 and tkachuk at 49. overall I feel I got a lot of value in later rounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

satisfied. hate drafting first because all the netminders are gone by the time it gets back but shester..ullmark...smith is good. flat out stole aho at 25 and tkachuk at 49. overall I feel I got a lot of value in later rounds.

I was coming for Ullmark -- largely to match NAHANA.   I don't think I'd want to draft first.  Just because of the wait between 1st and 2nd, like you said.

I was thinking about this earlier today, that if i got the first pick would I go McDavid or Draisaitl.   Probably Draisaitl because of the dual and the FWs, but wouldn't be sure until faced with it.

I don't know what to think about my roster.   Kind of middle of the road, I think.  Typical for me for this league.   I go in thinking "shots.  Blocks. Hits. FWs."   I usually manage to come out with FWs, and that's about it.

• Like 1

I think you had a very solid draft the only quibble IMHO is Dahlin because of his awful team and plus minus but he has enormous upside and at that point nothing was left on defense anyway. certainly not the worst you coulda done that late but god are they bad

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

After last year, I drafted 5 goalies just to be safe lol.

• Like 2

Last couple of years I’m almost always at end of draft (10/11/12) or (1/2). I hate both extreme’s.

Like last year went heavy on peripheral’s and goal tending. I like my goalies with Peterson being a potential steal.

My scoring sucks as usual but that is what happens when you focus on other ares….

not a championship caliber team but enough to scare folks.

thing is we are all well seasoned GM’s… most of the rosters have the talent sore out evenly….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I think you had a very solid draft the only quibble IMHO is Dahlin because of his awful team and plus minus but he has enormous upside and at that point nothing was left on defense anyway. certainly not the worst you coulda done that late but god are they bad

Yeah, I really wanted to go elsewhere there, but there wasn't anything really jumping out.  I had two other players that were also a reach, but he had better possible upside on peripherals--which is actually kind of a joke in reasoning if you look at it.    But, I figure it was like the 4th or 5th from the last pick, so really just a cut and replace.

I don't think his  +/- will be better than last year.  It may actually be worse and I don't have any reason to believe his scoring will be as good.  Kind of feel bad for him and Cozens.

44 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Last couple of years I’m almost always at end of draft (10/11/12) or (1/2). I hate both extreme’s.

Like last year went heavy on peripheral’s and goal tending. I like my goalies with Peterson being a potential steal.

My scoring sucks as usual but that is what happens when you focus on other ares….

not a championship caliber team but enough to scare folks.

thing is we are all well seasoned GM’s… most of the rosters have the talent sore out evenly….

I figured everyone else would go for peripherals so other than FOW, I just stuck to scoring. The goalscorers always have a respectable SOG anyways.

I'm weak as hell on D. Hell, I only drafted 3 D lol. I decided to gamble a bit. Nolan Patrick has been playing top PP with Vegas and showed glimpses last year. Zacha improved as the year went on. Mittlestat is on a sucky team but is #1c when Eichel abdicated and did well with the new coach for the last bit of last year. Also have 3 Ottawa players so my +/- will tank, but it always does. Petterson started mega slow last year then caught fire. Banking on his talent.

Debrincat, Necas and scheifele had good years. Only have 3 pure C and 2 pure wingers and the rest are dual eligible face-off guys.

Francouz was a world beater and took the covid year off for surgery so hoping to see him take it in net. Gibson faces a lot of shots and has a good sv% so I can plug him in when I need saves and am ahead on wins. Price, Lehner and Bob should bring the wins.

All in all, at least I made the draft this year. Last year I nearly puked when I started the year autodraft with 3 backup goalies. Dubnyk, Greiss and Soroykin, although soro panned out to platoon after a lousy start.

Let the wheeling and dealing begin.

• Like 1