Wild vs. Predators 10/24/2021 @ 5:00PM CST at the "X"

CreaseAndAssist

6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Yup. PK, goal tending, scoring, discipline, Kap not shooting anymore - there are a lot of things that certainly look suspect. It's early, though, and everyone else is struggling too. Pointswise we're good. Now it is about fixing the problems, if we can.

13 shots in 5 games. Man, sounds like Parise had just enough time to leave his legacy.

Speaking of The Mentor: 6 games, 12 shots, 0 points. The Wild bought him out 5 years too late.

But if the Wild could elevate itself to be a contender within 3 years, one could argue they bought him out just in time. Might be Parise's last season, who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

I believe he's on pace to score 0 + 82. Wouldn't it be funny if he did just that.

I mean I reckon that'd leave 50% of the fans happy and 50% unhappy.

I think you maybe right

Here are some stats of shots and outcomes for some players in 5 games:

1. Dumba - 21 shots; 3 assists;

2. Fiala - 18 shots; 1 goal; 2 assists;

3. Hartman - 17 shots; 2 goals;

4. Duhaime - 16 shots; 1 goal;1 assist;

5. EEK - 14 shots; 3 goals;

6. Kaprizov - 13 shots; 5 assists;

7. Zuccarello - 12 shots; 2 goals; 4 assists;

8. Greenway - 4 shots; 2 assists;

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The lack of shooters is still a main problem. Dumba shoots, Fiala shoots. Neither are very accurate. We would still need to pair Kap with Fiala, like Judd Zulgad said in his podcast. Fiala would get 9 shots a game playing with Kap.

Hope, Fiala could provide Kaprizov with accurate assists too for Kirill's shots. Definitely he needs to shoot more. It reminds me last season, when Kaprizov started a season with less shooting and more assists to other players. Even his father was asking then to shoot more towards the net.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Hope, Fiala could provide Kaprizov with accurate assists too for Kirill's shots. Definitely he needs to shoot more. It reminds me last season, when Kaprizov started a season with less shooting and more assists to other players. Even his father was asking then to shoot more towards the net.

I still believe we need to split Fiala and Kaprisov....Spread the 'wealth' and let each shine on their own lines.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I still believe we need to split Fiala and Kaprisov....Spread the 'wealth' and let each shine on their own lines.

Agree, maybe we need to split them on their own lines to spread "the wealth", but I still would like to see them together on a PP and even in OT.

I forgot to mention Foligno stats in shots and production during the last 5 games. He made during that period 4 shots; 2 goals; 2 assists. It seems he is more accurate in placing the goals so far ( 2 goals on 4 shots - 50%). That line Greenway (4 shots)-Hartman (17 shots)- Foligno(4 shots) in 5 games needs to shoot more , especially Greenway and Foligno to be more effective as a 2nd team's line. Hope, Hartman could provide Foligno and Greenway with more accurate assists?

• Like 1

Greenway should get to the blue paint. He's too big to be evicted from there until the refs stop whistling cross-checks come playoffs time 😀

I agree on spreading the wealth, but at the same time Kap and Fiala need the experience to get accustomed to each other as they will be needed on ice simultaneously in PP situations, OT and while trailing with little time left.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree, maybe we need to split them on their own lines to spread "the wealth", but I still would like to see them together on a PP and even in OT.

I forgot to mention Foligno stats in shots and production during the last 5 games. He made during that period 4 shots; 2 goals; 2 assists. It seems he is more accurate in placing the goals so far ( 2 goals on 4 shots - 50%). That line Greenway (4 shots)-Hartman (17 shots)- Foligno(4 shots) in 5 games needs to shoot more , especially Greenway and Foligno to be more effective as a 2nd team's line. Hope, Hartman could provide Foligno and Greenway with more accurate assists?

Absolutely on the PP and OT. When they want to, 22 and 97 are the best at stick handling which makes for a fun 3 on 3.

Lol @lynxrattle and the refs X-check calls. So true !!