Same Topic Title - Different Game

Guest OH1FlyersFan

re: goaltending.

Nice shutout by Bryz, he stopped all what, 18 shots? Awesome. On the other hand Nabakov stops 45. 45 shots but not a single quality shot, really. He did well.

Then the shootout. I've just run out of things to say because it's the same thing over and over again. It truly is freaking "Groundhog Day" when it comes to our goaltending. Especially shootouts.

I don't even know who to blame this time. Defense? They held up. Bryz? He had a shutout in regulation and overtime. Offense? Maybe. They obviously didn't score but they did put up 45. I surrender.

that game is a fine example of why games ending in ties is okay. that game was a tie. neither team even looked like a team that deserved to win that one. yet, a team gets to walk away with an extra point because they won some BS skill comp. I just hate the shootout.

Edited by Spinorama

From now on lets just treat these shootouts like what they are....a gimmick. Lets just draw names out of a hat to pick the shooters and do ridiculous tricks and make it ridiculous.

Because that is what it is. Its a ridiculous parlor trick. Just let the rookies shoot. Harry Z, Coots, Rinaldo, Schenn, Sestito...Let Shelley shoot.

Except for the fact that the shoot out is for points, that's an interesting idea. Act like the shoot out is the gimmick we all know it is, and pick shooters accordingly. Maybe use it as a live development tool, and go with Rinaldo, Bourdon, annnnnnnd the backup goalie (as a shooter) for shits and giggles.

No , the Cult is/was a rock band from the 80s... They played rock at punk rock tempo, wrote my favorite pop rock song "she sells sanctuary" as well as fire woman, rain and love removal machine. Sonic Temple was probably their creative zenith in 1988 it was a glorious studio rock album. I always loved this image of Billy Duffy, that's what a rock guitar plater should look like.

They are/ were not derivative of BOC in any way.

No , the Cult is/was a rock band from the 80s... They played rock at punk rock tempo, wrote my favorite pop rock song "she sells sanctuary" as well as fire woman, rain and love removal machine. Sonic Temple was probably their creative zenith in 1988 it was a glorious studio rock album. I always loved this image of Billy Duffy, that's what a rock guitar plater should look like.

They are/ were not derivative of BOC in any way.

Go ya.