Bryzgalov...seriously?

Guest ruxpin

Fair, in a way. But not directly comparable since Richards was the Captain.

In fact, if I had a guy like Bryz, who clearly just needs to STFU, I'd be expecting my Captain to carry the load media-wise, precisely so that my goalie can focus his puny little Russian mind on a 1x3 black vulcanized rubber disk weighing 6 ounces and its troublesome relationship with a thin red line.

And by Captain do you mean the one who adds 2+2 and gets 5? Pronger is not fit to talk to anyone right now. His one and ONLY concern is getting his head back together where he will be able to function in real life. Chris himself needs to step up and give up the "C", for the better of the team. Timmonen would get my vote as the designated "C" and it might even give him the right to converse with the refs without getting a penalty.....

@flyerrod - actually I didn't mean Pronger. I was just sort of painting the scenario where Richards was still here and Captain and Bryz was melting before our very eyes, that he would not be able to shoulder the load and try to improve Bryz's dumb relationship with the fans and the media, because he had made his so bad.

As it is, I'm not sure anything can help Bryz now. Every bad goal he gives up now, no matter how many good saves (drink!) he makes, will haunt him. But as long as he is a Flyer, I would hope his teammates are trying to help repair this mess. And the best help they can give him right now is to tell him to shut up and step up to the mic themselves. Are they? I don't know. But since you brought up Pronger, I wonder what it would be like if he was playing and in the lockerroom?

Edited by Podein25

@Pods

I just think this kind of situation really exacerbates the whole Captain thing. A "Captain" could be of help in this situation and the Flyers Brass should realize that and handle it accordingly. Bryz can make it easy on everyone involved by simply picking up his game. I say we send in flyercanuck's nephew (Steve Valiquette) and give him a shot a educating Bryz.

@ Mojo -

For being behind the play all night he made a nice stop in OT, his last stop, and the game turned into 2 points. Let's see if he can get more in synch on this road trip with some new blueliners. Positive political posting versus vitriolic ventsmanship

when he starts to play well and concentrate for 60 minutes on game night, i'll give him credit, i have and up until last saturday been a sort of defender of this clown, what i see from him, is a guy that is "just not into it" and that is not why he was brought here. his play has been sub par, in fact his play has him ranked as 36 in gaa and 43 in save %... that means every starting goalie in the league and a minimum of 6 backs-ups are playing better ... what's there to cheer for regarding his play, or behavior.. ? this season's team has been a pleasant surprise, if he continues to play at this level this group will have a short spring and they and we deserve better.

bottom line 926; he needs to play better for a sustained period, & shut the hell up until he's top 10 in the league in both of the measuring stick categories.

Edited by mojo1917