Jump to content

Sam Bennet vs Mikhail Sergachev 4/24/22


Brewin Flames
 Share

Recommended Posts

Definitely give this one to Bennett.

Serge is a big strong boy and can check with the best of them, but fighting is not really his thing.
I will credit the young TB defenseman for standing in there and firing off a few more shots even after Bennett nailed and bloodied him.
Even though Bennett isn't a pure fighter, this seemed more his thing than Serge's.

Message sent by the Lightning to the Panthers that they are still the champs.... but message sent by Bennett to the Lightning, "We are coming for ya".

If these two teams meet in Round 2, should be damned good!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If these two teams meet in Round 2, should be damned good!

@yave1964

pointed out last year how much fun this instra state rivalry has become.

The games were bruising and exciting. This one seemed to be no exception.

There seems to be a fair amount of bad blood, mixed with the high skill level of the players, that almost always turns to dynamite in a playoff series.

Will the winner be too beat up to skate the cup?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Definitely give this one to Bennett.

Serge is a big strong boy and can check with the best of them, but fighting is not really his thing.
I will credit the young TB defenseman for standing in there and firing off a few more shots even after Bennett nailed and bloodied him.
Even though Bennett isn't a pure fighter, this seemed more his thing than Serge's.

Message sent by the Lightning to the Panthers that they are still the champs.... but message sent by Bennett to the Lightning, "We are coming for ya".

If these two teams meet in Round 2, should be damned good!

Tampa crushed the Leafs 8-1 and the Panthers 8-4 for a combined whopping 16-5. This is a team that knows what it takes to get up for the big games. Still their division and league until someone says otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

@yave1964

pointed out last year how much fun this instra state rivalry has become.

The games were bruising and exciting. This one seemed to be no exception.

There seems to be a fair amount of bad blood, mixed with the high skill level of the players, that almost always turns to dynamite in a playoff series.

Will the winner be too beat up to skate the cup?

 

 

Panthers do have a weakness in their armor.

 

It is their blueline they miss Ekblad real bad and being a Flyer fan we know all to well Gudas and Hagg have their limits which we are seeing tested.

 

So when the goalie can't make up for it well then you see them giving up 8 goals.

 

They better figure it out before the real season starts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...