*** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***

TBL vs NYR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning continue as Prince of Wales Champions? Or do the Rangers snatch that title en route to bigger things?

• Lightning in 4. Bolts show the Ranges how a two time champion handles business. In crushing fashion.
    • Lightning in 5. Rangers show a bit of attitude and drive, but the defending Champs are still way too much.
    • Lightning in 6. Rangers give it all, but the Lightning's talent, experience, and drive for success can't be overcome.
    • Lightning in 7. Blueshirts push the defending Cup champions to their limit, but fall short of greatness...just barely.
    • Rangers in 4. New Eastern standard. And they now reside in New York City
    • Rangers in 5. NY has learned their playoff lessons well and have an answer for just about everything the Bolts throw at them.
    • Rangers in 6. Great series that sees lots of championship caliber play from both sides, but it is now the Rangers' time.
    • Rangers in 7. The Bolts thought they had their path carved to the Finals, but NY shows they have the last say on who upstages who, and finally slay the electric dragon.

This poll is closed to new votes

don't know Y Ferraro keeps raving about "both goaltenders" when Shesterkin let one by that he normally catches or blocks about 99% of the time. Vasilevskiy? Perfect so far (but barely challenged). Shesterkin has been great too - MINUS that one goal, which is looking more and more like the GWer.

edit: another prime opportunity and a commercial break to boot - a rested PP with 8:00 left in their season... now or never Rags.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

One thing I don't understand is, that teams HAVE to set up on the power play. New York had the chance to get a free shot on Vasilevskiy, and didn't take advantage. Vatrano finally solves of the Riddle of the Sphinx...I mean Vas.

Goalie interference I think...I mean Igor has a case anyway... yikes I dunno...tough one

edit: well that review was quick. So the Rangers tie the game!!!! 21 secs later they're down again. LOL you can't make this stuff up. Unreal.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

screwed the Rangers on that one. Toronto didn't even look at it? Come on, Stamkos was definitely in the way, prevented Shesterkin from reaching down. Maybe it's a hockey play and a good goal but I don't like that quick review at all...

Just now, SaucyJack said:

I’m watching without sound, how on earth is that not interference on the goaltender?

I thought it was, but the refs said what Stamkos did, was not enough to obstruct Shesterkin from getting to the puck.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I thought it was, but the refs said what Stamkos did, was not enough to obstruct Shesterkin from getting to the puck.

except they decided in about 9 seconds, which makes you wonder how closely they looked at it. If the Rangers lose they can't blame that bad review, but it still doesn't make it right.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

refs said what Stamkos did, was not enough to obstruct Shesterkin from getting to the puck.

It looked like the puck was in his glove.  Stamkos arm or stick then hit the glove with significant force.  Unintentionally, but jeepers I’ll need to get more detailed explanations later.  That goal looks tainted, and in such a dire situation.

Lightning just have more jump than the Rangers at this point.

Bolts players beating Ranger players to loose pucks and looking MUCH faster with the straight line speed.
Rangers so tired right now, even their execution is failing....keep turning the puck over.

And now Shester pulled...

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

YOUR Prince of Wales, Eastern Conference Champions, 3rd year running... the Tampa Bay Lightning!

All right then.  I want to see them embrace that trophy, pick it up like Ovie did 4 years back!