Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Monday 10-17-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

We have serious issues on Defense.  DE and BG think that their 'core D' are really solid.  Not anymore.  There is a lot going wrong in the back, and goaltending plus Bad D are going to cause you to give up 20 goals in 3 games - UNACCEPTABLE.  Our PP seems fixed, and now we cannot defend 5x5 🙄😒

• Like 2

Minnesota Wild execution simply not there.

Whether that gets better as the season rolls along will remain to be seen, as there are a number of teams not quite up to regular season speed, but the bottom line is, they are failing their early season test, albeit, against a pretty tough opening schedule.

Some positives?
Matt Boldy doesn't look fazed by anything. He seems to have taken the "more responsibility role" very seriously, and he was all over the ice tonight it seems.
Calen Addison also looked pretty comfortable out there, although he has some definite things to work on.
And finally, the Wild did generate chances.... completing the job is a whole nudda story, but they did generate.

I hope I don't see a season full of Kyle Brodziak moments though....

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Those 3 undiciplined stupid moments erased the momentum we had. That too many men one was a game changer right there.

I'd be within my rights to complain about that non call against Cale Makar (%^%$ you, Refs), but, at the end of the day, that was just one call, and MN had many opportunities to make that a non factor, which of course, they didn't.

Still though.... &^%$ you Refs. :shifty: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Having to listen to the Av's broadcasters wasn't that bad. They were not that much of homers and called a decent game.

There's not enough oxygen up that high for them to waste talking homer nonsense.....they are non-homer by necessity! :ph34r:

Just trying to keep a little perspective here with acouple questions.

How many preseason games did the defensemen play together in preseason.

How many games did the starting lineups play together.

I wasn't able to watch any preseason, but it sounded to me like most of the games were played by prospects or a mix of prospects and starters.

Let's not jump off the cliff and compare the Wild to Arizona and Chicago.

Bringing up Walstedt to play with the team now would be a huge mistake.

Rushing Rossi would be a big mistake. Was he scratched for bad play, or a minor injury?

Fleury has his issues, but he's not the only problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Nope.  Not the only problem.  But, a huge problem that Billy G has put far too much trust into, and overrated his talent immensely.

Agreed, I do think this is GMBG first big mistake. 
I hope he learns from it. 

11 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Jesper Walstedt after January 1.... or sooner.  My prediction.  (Unless....see 'sacred cows')

ASAP. Hopefully next game.  I do not see any better goalie among 3 goalies. Wallstedt is our best option and a team's hope, IMO. I believe he can make a difference in our results. I can't see any more such a high scores in our losses. 20 goals in the Wild net in 3 games in a row I do not remember for a long period of time. If we will continue to lose that way especially on home ice then Evason probably will go. Only future persistent wins will be able to hold his position.

100% agree with Michael Russo when he placed this message after last game:

Michael Russo@RussoHockey

You can juggle lines all you want, make BS moves like scratching Marco Rossi after 21 shifts, scramble your D pairs. Doesn't matter if you keep giving up the softest goals imaginable.

• Like 1